Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 18th, 2013 00:00

INSPIRON

I AM HAVING A PROBLEM MY LAPTOP WONT START..AFTER DELL LOGO IT GIVE WELLCOME SCREN BUT AFTER THAT BLACK SCREEN SHOW WITH CURSOR...............I THOUGHT IF I IONSTALL WINDOW 8 AGAIN THEN IT WILL START BUT LAPTOP WONT START FOR INSTALLATION

July 18th, 2013 01:00

Hi SWEETY,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum,

It is unfortunate that you are not able to boot into the Windows, however please try following steps mentioned below to isolate the issue with the Hardware or the Software.

1. Disconnect external peripherals ( Like Printers , scanners , USB media/ HDD , optical media if they are connected)

2. Perform a Diagnostics on the computer which will identify the hardware functionality

Start the Diagnostics by pressing and the power button

3. Please follow the steps mentioned in the link below which has complete steps to perform Diagnostics.
http://dell.to/11IdRhi

Do perform the Diagnostics on the computer and let us know if you notice any error messages / error codes which will determine the hardware functionality,

Please reply us back your findings.

3 Posts

July 19th, 2013 05:00

when i see the video which is attached wityh this link then this show after dignostic when this no problem message ll appear then  blue screen error type in dell support search engine but when m typing this no help ll be given wat can i do now

kindly help me

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

It's time to call Dell for a warranty repair.

3 Posts

no problem have been found with this system then wat ll i do

July 23rd, 2013 03:00

Hi SWEETY,

Since the issue was not resolved, You can try Re- Installing the Windows 8 Operating System.

Requesting you to provide the Service tag of your computer on a private message so we can check the order details for your computer.

To send a private message, click on my user name and select start conversation and reply us back with Service tag, Name on the account and Cust# or Order# of the computer.

Let us know if this helps.

8 Posts

July 31st, 2013 10:00

Hi Sweety

There are few steps that can fix this concern ., however we need to isolate first whether this concern is related to software or hardware . The first and most basic step is to turn off your Computer and the the moment you press the Power button , start tapping (hold and relaease on a very quick interval ) F12 key . Select the option Diagnostic  with the use of Down Arrow key from Keyboard . It will start running a hardware test . Press Y when it asked you about the Screen resolution . Then after wait for the entire test to complete .

If it came out with errors like 2000-0142 or 2000-0146 it may be the issue with hardware else we need to check the System BIOS settings .

To open the BIOS settings , turn off the Computer and this time start tapping the F2 key and it will came out with the Blue Screen with White Options and on top there would be a TAB named BOOT . Select that tab and change the settings to Legacy first and reboot the Computer and then change the settings back to UEFI ,.  

Win 8 OEM version works with UEFI mode instead of Legacy mode . This is an option that you will find in BIOS Boot option .

Please reply if faces any other issues.

Regards

Vivek

No Events found!