Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 20th, 2014 08:00

Inpiron 15R 5537 - Bad game performance or unability to Sleep/Hibernate?

This post is both a complaint and a call for a solution that is a real troubleshooter.

The problem is: After I've updated my notebook to Windows 8.1, I've noticed the screen wouldn't power back up from sleep. I instantly google'd for answers and I found out it would get fixed if I installed both latest Intel HD and AMD drivers. All set and done, problem was finally fixed, and everything appeared to work just fine... Until I installed Left 4 Dead 2 and tried to test it: The video performance was incredibly <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> . I was like "Jesus, it's only L4D2 and this graphic card can't handle even the menu scren!?". So I google'd it, because a HD 8850M that doesn't run a game as old as that isn't normal. My solution was: Install generic AMD drivers. And the problem was over. Not only that, I was able to play even Battlefield 4. But then I locked the computer and wasn't able to wake it back up... again...

Long story short: I'm pissed about it and I really wan't to know: Why the <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> did you guys put Intel HD Graphics and AMD HD Board altogether? If I have a <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> 8850M why the hell am I going to need a <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> Intel HD Graphics? If you guys had this brilliant idea, why aren't you able to develop a decent driver, one that enables the 8850M the high performance it can handle and put the Intel HD to handle whatever it is that it has to handle? and finally: If there is a solution to both the problems, which is it?

Thanks in advance for any help that is actually helpful.

An unsatisfied customer.

2 Posts

August 12th, 2015 02:00

Video driver conflict was over on my Inspiron 17R 5737 after upgrading to Windows 10.

After the free upgrade everything was working great. I wanted to find out what happend so I decided to do a clean install of Windows 10 and guess what: no need for a single Dell driver installation as Windows 10 automatic comes with (working) drivers!

At this moment (12-08-2015) versions are:

Intel Graphics: v10.18.15.4256 (date 17-07-2015)

AMD Radeon HD 8870m: v15.200.1045.0 (date 22-06-2015)

Verry happy with this!

August 26th, 2016 11:00

خد اللينك اهو

drive.google.com/.../view

No Events found!