Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 3rd, 2009 09:00

Inpsiron 1525

Why is it that you cannot get above a manager in Customer Service at Dell?

This is my third Dell Inspiron 1525 in one year.  The first two were overheating - the second to the point I actually had blisters on my fingers - and according to my tech friend this thrid one they sent isn't even a new laptop!  I have yet to get what I paid for.

My question  is: If there are known issues with this model - which one of the Customer Service Reps told me - why wouldn't they just refund my money or send me another model?  Why would they, because I'm now out of warranty, send me a refurbished one when I initially paid for a new and WORKING one?

Never again will I buy a Dell.  All three times I've had to spend 12 hours loading all of my docs and music and photos onto a the next supposedly working laptop.  I've spent hours and hours on the phone being bounced around by Customer Service.  I tried emailing and was kept waiting  a MONTH - which is when I turned back to the phone again....  All Customer Service does is try to weasel out of helping you.

It just isn't right.  I trusted that Dell made good computers.  Always had them at work and everything was fine there.  As a single mom it isn't easy to scrape together the money to buy us laptops.  My daughter has the same one, by the way, and her's works fine.  So when you spend that kind of money and you never get one that works and get yelled at by some manager at Dell - EVEN THOUGH YOU AS THE CUSTOMER DID NOTHING WRONG - it just bothers me that you can't even talk to someone to voice those concerns. 

Which is why I am here.  Does anyone  else run into these issues with this model and does anyone know how you get an actual WORKING computer from Dell?

If I don't hear soon I'm calling the BBB and starting to spread the word.  As a writer I know I have to watch what I say about Dell in order to avoid slander but I also know there are things I can convey to my readers regarding my own personal experience.  Dell's unwillingness to make things right has me feeling both sad and livid.

My apologies to the people who are NICE that work for Dell - and again my daughter's laptop is the same model and works fine - but three that don't can get you a bit cranky, you know? 

Never again.

No Responses!
No Events found!