Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 3rd, 2012 06:00

Inspiron 1090 Duo; Just Beeps after A2->A6 BIOS Upgrade Hangs

Just put Windows 8 on the Duo and it's great. Decide to upgrade the BIOS at the same time from A2 to A6. The Insyte BIOS update program progress bar got about 1/3 across the screen and locked up. Couldn't even turn it off. Had to remove the battery (which is major surgery on the Duo) and now it just beeps every 2 seconds when I turn it on. How do I restore the BIOS?

677 Posts

November 9th, 2012 07:00

Hi SomeGuyInOR,

As I understand that during the BIOS update the system froze and you had to remove the battery to shut the system down. Now the system is not starting and giving a beep when it starts. The beep indicates BIOS corruption and the only option is to replace motherboard.I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know in case of any queries.

Thanks and regards
Harish R
#iworkfordell

November 5th, 2012 15:00

Correction: the BIOS upgrade program that failed was from Insyde.

No Events found!