Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2016 07:00

Inspiron 11 3000 Series 2-in-1 Audio loud/quiet

Hello, We bought the Inspiron 11 3000 series 2-in-1 with the Intel pentium processor and Windows 10 back in August 2015. We've recently been having problems with the audio, it goes from quiet to loud and then loud to quiet without touching the volume. It almost sounds like it's skipping, but the volume just goes so low you can barely hear it, then goes so loud you almost have to turn it down. When the laptop is plugged in the problem seems to vanish and the volume is constant. Does anyone know what might be the problem? Software, hardware? I appreciate any replies. Max

1 Message

June 14th, 2016 13:00

I have had the same issue with my inspiron 11 3000 series. Very annoying. It has the Realtek HD sound system.

Between all the bugs in this computer's OS and Widows 10 this has been the worst computer I've ever owned. What happened to the old Dell? They used to make a reliable product with great customer service.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 14th, 2016 14:00

470WDPDC,

It sounds like that they may a program assuming control of the sound. Right click on the speaker icon and choose playback devices, and choose the sound device that you are currently using (likely Realtek speakers) and click the properties button. Click the advanced tab and then look in the middle of the screen for exclusive mode.  Uncheck the two checkboxes listed (allow devices to take exclusive control of this device and give exclusive mode applications priority).  Now check to see if the volume jumps up and down. 

TB

No Events found!