Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 28th, 2017 12:00

Inspiron 11 3148

Ok like a lot of people have described the issues I am having with this 2 in 1 laptop. It's less than two years old and wouldn't start up. Only two beeps on mine but I changed the hard drive and uploaded unbuntu on mine as win10 was too slow. I also upgraded the ram and all this was working away happily. But in the last few weeks it just won't start up and just emits the two loud beeps continually. 

I saw the posts about the cmos and removed the main battery and then swapped the cmos. Sure enough the removed cmos was dead on checking with a Meter. I put all back together even trying the clearing residual power for 15secs trick with no main battery attached. With all reassembled, it still does the same thing but now I cant stop the beeps with the power button. I have to open the whole thing and reseat the main battery. Any ideas good folks?

Community Manager

• 

2.3K Posts

September 28th, 2017 13:00

Does it beep in any pattern? Or just solid? I just wanted to make sure I was understanding. I'd go ahead again with clearing residual power and retry, but it might be the board. Regardless let me know how this goes. 

Best regards,

Brad

No Events found!