Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

July 16th, 2017 19:00

Inspiron 13.3 7000 2 in 1 touch laptop and microphone

Can you hook up and external microphone to a 2 in 1 laptop- Inspiron 13.3 7000 touch? does it hook into the audio? is the audio a mixed combo?

Carol

331 Posts

July 16th, 2017 20:00

Hi Carol,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

Yes, you can connect the microphone to the computer and the operating system should detect, when it is connected. If there is any issues, request you to please test this microphone on another system to test its functionality. If it is working fine, please uninstall the audio driver. Please use this link http://dell.to/1n3X2po, enter the service tag of the system and click on drivers & downloads. Select the operating system, download the audio driver and install on the system. Then connect the microphone and test, you may also right click on the sound icon on the system tray at the bottom right. Click on recording devices, ensure the jack mic is set as the default device. If it is not set, you may right click on it and then set it to default.

Kindly get back if there are any further queries.

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

July 16th, 2017 22:00

Can you hook up and external microphone to a 2 in 1 laptop- Inspiron 13.3 7000 touch?

The laptop has a combo jack, also known as a headset port. (A headset is a device that combines headphones with a microphone .)

You can plug in an external mic, but it must have a 4 segmented plug ( TRRS  plug). That type of plug is not normally on  microphones, because it is a headset plug.

This is what a TRRS plug looks like. Notice there are 4 sections:

A mic with a normal TRS (3 segment) plug might work with an adapter to convert it to a TRRS plug.

TRRS stands for tip-ring-ring-sleeve

does it hook into the audio?

don't understand that question, or the next one.

is the audio a mixed combo?

No Events found!