Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 9th, 2017 18:00

Inspiron 13-7352 barely functioning

I've had this laptop for 2 years. It's been awesome until about a week and a half ago. It started running very slow. So slow that I could barely do anything on it. I tried to play a game but it kept crashing, and when I restarted it there was a windows update. After the update, it was still slow and I was completely missing the wifi. The Disk space was almost always at 100% even when I wasn't doing anything. I figured I had a virus but my anti-virus and malware bytes found nothing. I tried to reinstall the driver for the wifi but it wouldn't download.

I went on the Dell website and made sure the driver and everything was up to date. I was able to update the BIOS software and the other driver it recommended. It was still a little slow after that but I was able to play my game and I thought everything was fine again.

The next day it was slow again and it took forever to boot up. Yesterday, I made a copy of my important files onto my external storage and downloaded a windows 10 install to a USB drive. Then I tried to reset the PC but it says it can't find the windows 10 file. Then I decided to completely reset the laptop to factory settings but I can't get F2 or F12 to work when it's booting. The Dell logo is on for like 5 minutes and I just keep hitting those buttons but nothing happens. When I tried to reset through the reset app, it crashed and said critical system failed.

Also, when it boots up, the desktop says it can't be found? It's completely blank except for the recycle bin. And when I try to type in search nothing happens. If I click on the settings button, nothing happens. I can't really open anything. I also frequently get black screens with the mouse. Usually after I open a program.

Is there anything I can do to fix this or is my laptop beyond repair. Sorry if anything sounds confusing, there's been so much that has gone wrong with it.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 9th, 2017 19:00

At powerup, start pressing F12.  Boot to the Dell diagnostics and run an extended test on the hard drive - which you'll likely find is failing.

No Events found!