Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2016 12:00

Inspiron 13, 7359 - problem with backlight keyboard - "always turned on"

hi all,

I have an issue with the backlight keyboard. I can change the timeout and decide to turnoff the backlight after 5 seconds (for example), but after any restart It lose the choice made and the backlight always turned to default setting "always turned on" ...

it does not retain the choice made

I have the last drivers and apps available ... I suppose that there is a bug in the version available for my laptop: (quickset) Application_XXJDH_WN32_11.1.32_A00.EXE

any advice?

regards

7 Posts

January 8th, 2016 10:00

no one have some idea?

any different quickset version compatible with my laptop? any new drivers?

regards

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

January 8th, 2016 12:00

It looks like you have the correct version of Quickset, Version 11.1.32, A00 may be downloaded here. It may vary from version to version but Quickset may not save settings changes to hard drive which unfortunately means that you will need to change the settings again after each restart.  I am sorry for the inconvenience.  Although I don’t currently have any information of any new versions of Quickset you may want to keep an eye on any updates on Support.Dell.com.

TB

7 Posts

January 10th, 2016 01:00

hi Terry,

is a bug that would be correct in future version? 

how can I change the windows registry so that I can change the default setting?

regards

7 Posts

January 14th, 2016 03:00

anyone can help me?

I tried to contact by email the Dell support (2 times) ... they answer after some days, and just suggest to call them. I don't know in the other country, but in Italy the Dell call center is a nightmare, impossible to spoke with someone. Is more than a week that I try to contact them ...

buy a Dell notebook was a mistake ... I'm very dissatisfied. The support is non-existent

:emotion-12:

7 Posts

January 18th, 2016 06:00

I finally managed to speak to someone in Dell ... and they ask money for solve this problem

the warranty is only for the hardware ...

really ridiculous

I will never buy a dell product

2 Posts

January 19th, 2016 03:00

Hi Desmo, I'm having the very same issue on the very same model.

I messed around a bit with the registry values but nothing changes the final outcome, the backlit keyboard is always on.

I hope the would release a debugged version allowing to save the default values.

best,

Seba

2 Posts

January 20th, 2016 01:00

Well, as I mentioned I've already updated all the dirvers to the latest version available, including BIOS which is now version 1.05.00 dated 1/12/2016...

So I hope that they would release an easy fix for Quickset...

7 Posts

January 20th, 2016 01:00

I also have a dell Latitude in the office and it have the possibility to change some setting for the blacklite keyboard in the BIOS

I tried to see if there is some setting in the BIOS of my Inspiron and I found a setting for monitor light but nothing for the blacklite keyboard

so I don't know if we need to wait a new BIOS, a new version of Quickset or a new version of both ... :emotion-12:

1 Message

January 29th, 2016 16:00

I can confirm I have the exact same issue on a Dell Inspiron 13-7359.  I just completed extensive troubleshooting, using Process Monitor, Resource Hacker, and some other troubleshooting steps.

• If the Ambient Light Sensor Control (ALSC) is enabled, it's hard-coded to 1 minute time out
  • If the ALSC is disabled, then it never turns off
  • I can apply any timeout I'd like, but a restart causes the settings to be lost

Just a guess, but I think there is a permissions issue which is stopping the background program from being able to save the setting to disk.  Anyone from Dell care to comment on this issue?

7 Posts

February 19th, 2016 06:00

seems that no one in dell care about this problem 

1 Message

September 15th, 2016 19:00

since auto brightness is turned on, you wont be able to choose the backlit options. If you want to have control on backlit , then turnoff auto brightness.

No Events found!