Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2016 18:00

Inspiron 14z 5423 Optical Drive Not Working

Hey all,

I have a inspiron 14z 5423, and i just tried to open the optical drive today and it is not responding. When I go into My Computer, it does not even show it as available (cd drive/d drive) when it used to.

Any ideas on if this? I would hate to have to buy another drive since this one barely got used.

Thanks in advance!

1.2K Posts

January 27th, 2016 20:00

Hi.

We would suggest you to try these steps,

*Go to the device manager and click on the drop down below  Universal Serial Bus controller. After that delete the USB root hubs. 

*Restart the system then see if the cd/dvd  drive is responding.

*Go to the system BIOS by pressing the F2 key on system startup. 

*Then go to on-board devices to see if the cd/dvd drive is recognized. Else disable and re-enable it after that restart the system.

Then restart the system to see if the issue is resolved. But if there are any more concerns just write to us along with the service tag of the system and we will look into the system specifications to assist you further.

Regards,

January 29th, 2016 20:00

Jennifer,

Thank you for your response, however this did not work. I had 2 USB root hubs. Deleted both and reset, no change. I started up and went into BIOS, but did not see anything about cd/dvd drive or optical drives

I unscrewed the drive and removed, then reinstalled (re-seated) the drive, but still no change. I press the button on the drive and nothing happens, as well it is not recognized or visible under the "my computer" screen

my laptop express service code is 20194473925, service tag sn is 9979NT1. Model is inspiron 14z ultrabook with i5-3317u 1.7ghz, 8gb ram

1.2K Posts

February 1st, 2016 00:00

Hi,

Based on the system tag I see that this is Inspiron 14 N4050. Now service tag of the system specifications along with system owner's name,contact no hence we suggest the users not to send that via public post.

Now kindly delete upper and lower filters from the registry settings then see if the issue is resolved. But if there are any more concerns just send the operating system information via private message so that I can guide you with relevant information.

Regards,

1 Message

July 22nd, 2016 22:00

I'm having this same issue, same machine. Suggestions?

1 Message

August 1st, 2016 03:00

hello

the optical drive in my pc is not visible in this pc section.. there has occurred  a problem with optical drive and i can no where see any optical drive in my laptop..laptop is 14z 5423. how do i solve it?

No Events found!