Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 30th, 2016 08:00

Inspiron 15 3000 series internal mic not working

My laptop is just 6 months old and I can't get mic to work. Windows 10.  The driver seems to be current so I cannot figure out why it isn't working. Help please!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 1st, 2016 04:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing us!

Re-install your audio driver. Next, go to the Recording tab of the Sound properties -- right click on the audio icon on the taskbar

and then right click on the blank white area and in the context menu select to show both "disconnected" and "disabled" devices.

If you still don't get "mic array" then open the Dell Webcam Central program that should be on your computer and click on the mic icon (it is hard to see -- look to the right of the camera icon) and see if you can start the mic array from there. Note that if Webcam Central says "Plug in a supported device" then either you don't have a webcam or it is not working.

Kindly also run diagnostics on the system,also private message the service tag and email address.

Thank you,

Robin

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

July 1st, 2016 07:00

If you still don't get "mic array"

Hello Robin. I notice that you pasted one of my old posts into this thread. That's okay but I just want to point out that my answers are tailored to specific models, so some of the details in an old answer of mine would not apply to a 3000 series Inspiron. The original poster did not give the full model name of the laptop, but probably it has a single microphone, and so "microphone array" (dual mics) would not appear in the list of recording devices.

Thanks for your help on the Laptop Audio board. I have been very busy the last few months with work and music shows and have not been able to answer everyone as quickly as I normally do, so all help is appreciated.

No Events found!