Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 16th, 2013 07:00

Inspiron 15 3520 is getting shutdown automattically

I have purchased Dell Inspiron 15 3520 on Feb 28, 2013. From past 2 weeks onwards my laptop is getting shutdown automatically.

Laptop battery is charged 100% , then it is completing within 30 minutes. laptop charger is not working properly.

In the same way I am getting some problems. Can you please clarify my problems?

Following are my details:

Service Tag: 

Model : Inspiron 15 3520

Ship Date: 1/28/2013

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 16th, 2013 07:00

Hi Manohhar,

I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

http://dell.to/164l6g4

Also, we will have to check the status of the adapter in BIOS; if the adapter is not detected properly the system will continue to receive power but will not charge the battery. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check if the adapter is detected properly.

1. Start the computer by pressing the power button
2. Press the F2 key 2-3 times
3. You will now be on the BIOS screen
4. Under the Main Tab look for the option that says AC Adapter Type
5. If the Adapter Type says Unknown or None with the adapter plugged in.
6. Reconnect the adapter to the machine and if the status now shows as Unknown then the AC Adapter needs to be replaced.

Please let me know if this helps.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 19th, 2013 23:00

Hi Manohhar,

Please reply us if you are still facing any issue with the system so that we fix the issue.

4 Posts

September 20th, 2013 09:00

Dear Ravi,

I have followed your procedure and i did diagnostics test, all tests are passed

After completion of tests, status of  Adapter Type is displaying as "65 watt adapter"

So i think no issue with Adapter.

Please help to resolve this problem. 

Regards,

Manohhar Ragipindy

Phone number removed per privacy policy>

4 Posts

September 20th, 2013 09:00

still Laptop getting shutdown automatically, even battery backup is not at all coming 30 mins also.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 22nd, 2013 22:00

Hi Manohhar,

I would suggest you restoring the system to factory state and check if it fixes the issue.
Note: Please backup your files before performing below steps to recovery to factory state.

1. Plug in the AC adapter.

2. Point to the right hand corner of the screen to bring up the charms bar.

3. Click Settings.

4. Select ‘PC settings, In the PC settings window, select ‘General’. 

5. Once “General is selected, on the right side scroll down to click on ‘Restart Now’ under Advanced settings’

6. In the next screen click on ‘Trouble shoot’.

7. Click theDell Backup and Recovery icon.

8. The system restarts and comes back up, click ‘Next’ on the Dell Backup and Recovery Screen.

9. The system would be checked to see if the smart repair option can fix the issue, click ‘Next’ once this is done.

10. You will be prompted to select the backup to be used, click the factory image option or select from one of the backups. Click Next.

11. You will be prompted to back up your files, if needed do so by selecting the option ‘Yes, backup my personal files’ (Make sure to have an external backup hard drive handy.) or select No, Erase my files.

12. The system goes ahead and completes the restore of the operating system. Click Restart when prompted.

13. Follow the on-screen instructions to setup the system with windows.

Please let me know if this helps.

4 Posts

November 16th, 2013 00:00

Dear Ravi,

Dell People came and replaced battery , after that its working fine upto now. From past 2 weeks on wards I am getting another problem continuously.

i.e, when ever Laptop is in idle for some time then after that again i want to use Laptop, then System is not coming into normal mode, even though Laptop is in ON condition. 

Once its coming into normal mode when we forcebly shutdown the power button.

Please Resolve my problem as early as possible.

Its a new Laptop I am getting problems from starting on wards, for this what i have to do?

Please do needful.

Regards,

Manohhar Ragipindy.

No Events found!