Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 16th, 2013 15:00

Inspiron 15 3521 Has very annoying keys and space bar.

I have had it for a couple weeks now and it is very touch and go with the key responses, especially the space bar. I am a fairly quick typer but I still need to stare at the keyboard. when I look up, random words are stuck together becauseof the problem. See what I mean? I have some prettyheavy keystrokes but still have problems with missing letters and finding the sweet spot of the space bar. I have enrolled in online university and have tons of papers to write. I cannot handle it. What can be done? It doesn't feel like a sensitivity issue because I will press the space bar at one point and it wont work, move over a 1/2" and it works.

3 Posts

September 8th, 2014 11:00

Although I loved BRAZEN's common sense fix, this one is a lot better! 5 minutes on the phone and they are shipping me a new keyboard... thanks!

16 Posts

September 8th, 2014 14:00

credit where it's due, while it was under warranty, I mentioned it on this thread, a quick chat here and they turned up a couple of days later and changed the keyboard.

September 22nd, 2014 06:00

I agree with Bipsdell. As I posted a while ago, I tried to fix the issue myself and ended up having to get another keyboard, which has exactly the same problem with the spacebar. I also have an Inspiron 15Z which has a much better keyboard, but the hard disk failed after six months and it's in for repair. I'd already had to replace it once for hardware problems when it was new.

I will not risk buying Dell again, which is a shame as Dell used to be a quality brand. No longer, alas.

7 Posts

June 19th, 2017 11:00

How the hec do you replace a keyboard .. shouldn't Dell get someone to DO that.

It's like me telling my patients to start their own IVs ..

M

June 19th, 2017 15:00

Too right Marilynne. I gave up on Dell after two relatively new Inspiron laptops died on me for no apparent reason.  Dell used to be a cut above the rest, but no longer - far too unreliable. I've gone for Lenovo this time - they're not perfect by any means, but seem to be more reliable.

"It's like me telling my patients to start their own IVs .." - nice one. I hope you won't mind me stealing that bon mot!

1 Message

June 21st, 2017 15:00

I have been working with Dell since April now trying to get the issue fixed on an Inspirion that I purchased in January and, due to illness, did not get set up and start using until April.  They replaced the keyboard, but the second one did the exact same thing.  Ran several more tests and eventually took it down completely and reinstalled the OS.  Finally, have everything reinstalled and it hasn't changed a thing.  Still skipping spaces and duplicating letters.  Just cheap junk!  My first and last Dell product.

No Events found!