Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 18th, 2016 16:00

Inspiron 15 (3537) Bluetooth problem (using Windows 8.1)

I am having a *** of a time fixing this issue! I've reinstalled drivers, rebooted countless times, and search and tried many suggestions offered across the internet.

My issue is that while I can pair with my bluetooth devices (a small speaker and a sound bar), I can not CONNECT to them. The devices are correctly recognized and show up in the device manager without any exclamation point or other indication of a problem.

Connecting to these bluetooth devices from my android phone works just fine.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

December 19th, 2016 05:00

What procedure do you use to connect?

Do you hold a power button and hear tones or is there some light which flashes to let you know it is powered on?  

If you check Device Manager and Properties for the device, does the Events tab give you any clue as to what is happening?  It should at least show the Device Install requested and then Device Installed.

I am in Win 10 so you may not have this tab on the properties..

Have you unpaired the device from anything else and have you tried removing the device and then repairing?

2 Posts

December 19th, 2016 10:00

A light flashes on the speaker indicating it is open to receiving a bluetooth connection. (The light becomes solid and makes tones when a connection is made with my phone.)

Device Manager, events tab for the speaker says:

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver bth.inf_amd64_b4b90b3180e1ffef\bth.inf for Device Instance ID BTHENUM\DEV_001F115596FF\8&17315BA&0&BLUETOOTHDEVICE_001F115596FF with the following status: 0x0.

Umm, I just unpaired the device again and turned off then on the Bluetooth switch in PC Settings, and rediscovered and paired back to the speaker. It works now!! I must have done something between the last time I tried to unpair/pair... For instance, I may not have tried it since I used Revo Uninstaller to remove all bluetooth-related programs and reinstalled the driver...?

Thanks for your help!!!

No Events found!