Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 18th, 2015 11:00

Inspiron 15 (3542, Early 2014), Bluetooth not working

The bluetooth was working fine with window 8.1 pro which was already installed on from default. When I installed the new window  8.1 Pro after deleting the old one, the bluetooth is not working. Everything seems to be fine because in device manager everything is ok. It's drivers are up to date from Dell website. In windows it is shown as bluetooth turned on but it keeps on searching the nearby devices but displays no devices. Also when I search it from another device it is not displayed. I have re-installed the window but the problem still exists. Help me to solve this problem.

July 20th, 2015 19:00

hi dear... if you are using windows 7 64 bit .... you can see help in this page

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-15-3542-laptop/drivers/advanced

just change OS to winodows 7 64 bit and you can find all drivers for windows 7 64 bit..

thank you. <3 :)

1.2K Posts

January 19th, 2015 10:00

Hi,

Good day!

To help me assist you better ,kindly assist me with a few details.

* Kindly check if the Bluetooth device in enabled in BIOS.

* In device manager if you click on network adapters ,do check and let me know if the blue tooth device is listed without any error.

Kindly reply to this thread if there are any more questions, we will be glad to assist you .

Hope to hear from you soon.

January 19th, 2015 19:00

I'm having the same problem on my inspiron 15 model 3542 w8.1.  Bought it brand new and right out of the box the admin event logs had numerous errors logged.  However during the initial setup bluetooth complained about not having the ability to save files to cache or something like that and so keyboard and mouse might not work...etc.  I looked into the "services" admin settings for bluetooth and noticed that the bluetooth device already had an account and password assigned to it.  How does a bluetooth device  like my android phone sync to this account if it has a password assigned to it?  Could that be why it's not syncing or working?  What is the password to this bluetooth account?

1.2K Posts

January 20th, 2015 03:00

Hi ,

Good day!

To get a better understanding, can you help me with the following information:
1)Do check if the bluetooth device seen and enabled in the system BIOS.
2)When the system asks for password, it is the password the user has to set,hence at that time type in the same set of characters/numbers on both the devices with which you intend to sync,transfer  the data.
3)Also under device manager kindly do check under network adapters the model of the wireless/blutooth card installed in the system to get the correct drivers and download it from support site .

So that I can help you better ,I would request you to kindly provide the service tag of the system , I can look into the details of the system.

Awaiting a reply from you .

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer.
#IworkforDell

January 20th, 2015 11:00

every thing seems to be fine in the device manager but still it could not find any nearby device or it is found on another device

tell me how to check or enable bluetooth from the bios

January 20th, 2015 11:00

Service tag removed per privacy policy>
IS THE SERVICE TAG NUMBER OF MY LAPTOP
DELL INSPIRON 15 3542  CORE i3

1.2K Posts

January 21st, 2015 02:00

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for the reply!I have looked into the details of the system.

Kindly check and advise if the wireless card works on the system as Bluetooth card is on the same module.

Also do forward me the invoice copy of your system via private message which can assist us to arrange for the service call.

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks and Regards,

Jennifer.

#IworkforDell.

January 22nd, 2015 04:00

I could not understand what you mean by invoice copy
are you asking about the mini notebook came with laptop package .

I would like to inform you that I have received this laptop from the "Shahbaz Sharif youth initiative program"as a reward

which also displays the splash screen  of "Shahbaz Shareef Youth initiative "  at the startup time of the laptop
I also have the small book with some protection guides and a page having some bar-code on it and some serial number under bar codes  

January 22nd, 2015 04:00

THANKS MR JENNIFER K
FOR YOUR RESPONSE TO MY PROBLEM .
FOR YOUR INFORMATION MY WIRELESS CARD IS WORKING PROPERLY AND I AM CONNECTED TO INTERNET VIA WIFI SO IT'S CLEAR THAT MY WIRELESS CARD IS WORKING PROPERLY
BUT THE ISSUE IS WITH BLUETOOTH
AND I HAVE INSTALLED THE WIRELESS+BLUETOOTH  DRIVER FROM THE DELL WEBSITE DURING THE INSTALLATION OF DRIVER WIRELESS DRIVER WAS INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY BUT THERE WAS AN DURING THE INSTALLATION OF BLUETOOTH DRIVER ORIGINALLY DOWNLOADED FROM DELL .
Network_Driver_57TF3_WN_6.30.223.245_A01

TELL ME WHAT THIS ERROR IS
HOW CAN I ACTIVATE MY BLUETOOTH USING WIRELESS SWITCH?

IT DOES NOT SHOW ANY OTHER OPTIONS
JUST CANCEL INSTALLATION
I HAVE TURNED ON BLUETOOTH FROM THE WINDOWS EITHER IT IS TURNED ON OR OFF SAME ERROR OCCURES

WHEN I CANCEL THIS INSTALLATION ONLY DRIVER OF WIRELESS CARD IS INSTALLED AND NO BLUETOOTH DRIVER IS INSTALLED
ONLY THAT DRIVER OF BLUETOOTH IS INSTALLED WHICH CAME WITH WINDOWS INSTALLATION MEDIA.
I HAVE CHECK ALSO AIRPLANE MODE BUT IT IS ALSO TURNED OFF.
GUIDE ME

1.2K Posts

January 22nd, 2015 05:00

Hi,

In this case do try these troubleshooting steps and advise .

*Launch setting from charms bar and select change PC settings.

*Under PC settings ,select PC and devices .

*Click on bluetooth.

*Move bluetooth slider and turn it on

*Alternatively you can try pressing the FN and Print screen to activate bluetooth.

And the invoice is the receipt which has the payment details,billing details  and also the service tag of the system .

If there are any unresolved queries ,do reply to this mail thread we will be glad to assist you .

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer .

#Iwork4Dell.

January 22nd, 2015 06:00

from your above mentioned method I already have turned the bluetooth on .
It gets turned on but it is not able to search any type of bluetooth device.
It keeps going on searching devices but finds no one
I have checked the settings of mobile device also in which visibility of bluetooth is shown to every bluetooth device.

and you are asking about invoice
I have no invoice available because I received it as a reward of my good performance in the exams from the Government .
I have everything of it including packing box
I don't know from where I get the invoice but I can provide you every information about it
I have also tried all the applications of dell  i.e    dell quick setup    dell update  , My dell
and run a scan of hardware using My dell but it found no problem in any hardware
Bluetooth is unable to find any other bluetooth device and any other bluetooth  device also cannot find laptop bluetooth device

1.2K Posts

January 22nd, 2015 08:00

Hi,

Request you to try re-seating In this case the Bluetooth module .This is the link for the manual:http://dell.to/1uywCDK.

If it doesn't fix the issue then the Bluetooth module is faulty ,replacing it will fix the issue.

But without the invoice copy ,we wont be able to replace parts.

Kind Regards,

Jennifer.

#Iwork4Dell.

January 23rd, 2015 02:00

the above method  of re-setting bluetooth module didn't work
it displays that bluetooth is working fine
during the diagnosing process it displayed a dialogue about searching bluetooth but it did not find any device I also refreshed it but when I cancel that one it displayed the report that no errors were found.
I think everything is fine with bluetooth module
the problem is with the operating system
can you give me the link of the original copy of that operating system which was installed on inspiron 15 3542
by default with everything like drivers aand dell tools already installed in it.
so that I can reinstall operating system and might solve the problem

1.2K Posts

January 23rd, 2015 08:00

Hi,

This is the link for the drivers and downloads ,

http://dell.to/1yMNV3W

But I see that operating system disc was shipped with the system  at the time of sale and we cannot issue another copy of the same without the invoice .

If you have further questions, please reply on this thread.

Thanks and Regards,

Jennifer.

January 24th, 2015 01:00

there was no operating system disc with the system at the time of shipment
there was only a microsoft office 2013 original key label
with the package.
Please try to understand my problem
this is not only my problem but also with all inspiron 15 3542 laptops because
this was distributed by the Pakistan Government to the brilliant students as a reward and no invoice copy was given to the students
I think it was a big contract of Govt for Dell
because more than 4000 laptops were distributed in my district so the invoice only govt contains and they are not allowed to show that to students
but still warranty of laptop is remaining .
this problem is with all these models because Yessterday I also changed the operating system of one of my friend's laptop ,before changing it's bluetooth was working fine
but when I installed a new copy of operating system then It also has the same issue with bluetooth as that of mine.
so kindly  fix issue with the device driver and update that one
the problem only occures during the installtion of bluetooth driver downloaded from  your given link

I have changed the OS to the same as it was installed by  default
but I formatted the old copy and installed a new one
Kindly fix issue with your device driver and send me the copy of that OS that was installed by default
I will be very thankful to you and your All of the Dell team

No Events found!