Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

December 23rd, 2017 09:00

Inspiron 15-3543 (2015), 3 beeps

Hello,

Please I need your help. The laptop suddenly doesn't open and it has 3 beeps. It worked for hours then stopped with no sounds, nothing on screen, just the power lamp open. I tried to take off the adapter and battery and press on the power but nothing happened.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 25th, 2017 09:00

:emotion-2:

Three beeps usually mean there's an issue / problem with the motherboard. After removing the battery, you press the "Power On" button for about 20 seconds ?  

December 25th, 2017 22:00

i did that and it works again fine for hours then it stopped now the power led on and off continually without any beebs and nothing on the screen.

i just bought it from 2 years.

December 26th, 2017 04:00

Dears,

Kindly be informed that i bought that laptop on Feb 2015 from computer shop in Cairo as per your kind recommendation and i don't have a heavy usage for it and it is not supposed to pay the same amount that i pay to buy the device in the first and also dell devices supposed to work for a while not just 2 years or less so i appreciate if dell has any solution for me.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 26th, 2017 04:00

Try leaving the battery disconnected.  If the system will power up, the battery is bad.  If not, the mainboard is bad.

If the system is in warranty, call Dell - if it's not, note that you'll be facing a $250+ repair bill to have the board replaced -- probably more than 50% of what the system initially cost, so replacing the system rather than repairing this one may make more sense from an economic standpoint.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 26th, 2017 06:00

Unless you have an extended warranty, there is no Dell solution -- and at this point, even if you can buy a warranty extension, it'll cost as much or more than a replacement mainboard.

With your next system, make sure you get a 3-year warranty -- notebooks are inherently failure-prone (ALL of them) and repairs are expensive.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 26th, 2017 09:00

You had any applications or website tabs open before computer stop or power off? The computer work for hours fine then you power off the system, later try to power on system, and then power LED start blinking? Also, the blinking lights are white, Amber are some type of purplish color?

December 26th, 2017 23:00

yes it worked fine after stopping ( after 3  beebs ) and i reopen it again the beebs not there anymore and the power lid is flashing with white color.

Note : i did't open any site before i close it.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 28th, 2017 09:00

If the computer still doesn't work, remove the battery again, and then try to run on only adapter power.

Lastly, if running on AC adapter doesn't work:

If you're comfortable removing parts in the system you may try removing and reseating the memory module. Before opening the system and attempting to remove memory, please read Service Manual thoroughly in link below.

Support for Inspiron 3543 | Manuals & documents | Dell US

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 28th, 2017 09:00

The LED light Indicates the power and battery status of the computer.When AC Adapter is connected to the computer(and Battery in bay) the LED indicates the following:

White:  Battery is getting charged

Amber: Battery is low or critical.

Off: Computer is plugged in and the battery is fully charge. 
       Computer is running on battery and battery has more than 10% charge.

The LED light blinking white indicates the battery isn't being charged and the computer isn't receiving any power.  Please remove the battery again by follow the steps below:

1. Please plug Ac adapter slowly into the system's charging port, remove all external peripherals such as printer, flash drive, external drive, speakers and cell phone. Press "Power On" button for five seconds.

2. Remove AC adapter, battery and then press "Power On" button for 15 seconds.

3. Use a compresses air can or use a dry towel to clean any debris around battery bay and battery. After cleaning, replace battery. You should hear the two tabs make a clicking sound. This ensure the battery is properly installed in the bay.

4. Check if the ID pin inside the adapter port to see if it's bent, damaged or dusty. After, plug the adapter slowly into the charging port. Hopefully computer starts normally.

Note:The adapter should not be plugged all the way into the charging port. It should be about 1/4 to 1/6 inch from it.

AC Adapter Not Powering on the Computer or Charging the ...

January 2nd, 2018 04:00

i did the previous instruction and after i removed the memory the laptop open and when i shut it down and reopened again the same issue occurred.

so is that mean that the mother board is good ?  

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Again - if your system is up and running normally, yes, the board is good.

If the system is still not powering up correctly, then the mainboard is bad.

i did the previous instruction and after i removed the memory the laptop open and when i shut it down and reopened again the same issue occurred.

so is that mean that the mother board is good ?  

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

If the system powers up correctly, yes.  If it doesn't, beeps or not, the board is bad.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 2nd, 2018 07:00

My apologies...

After replacing battery, adapter and powering on system ( or reseating memory) I should have mention about updating the System Setup(BIOS). If you are able to boot back into the windows, click on the windows logo and then select Restart. If the system boot back into windows 10 after restart, I'd suggest updating the BIOS. Please follow steps to safety install latest BIOS version in link below..

How to Update BIOS (Official Dell Tech Support) - YouTube

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 2nd, 2018 07:00

After installing latest BIOS:

In your Dell Product Support page( Dell Inspiron 3543), select Detect Drivers. The Dell utility will search for the latest drivers (Quickset &Chipset) and firmware for the system.

No Events found!