Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2016 14:00

Inspiron 15 5000 Series Not Good for Windows 10

If you have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series, take your time to evaluate whether or not you want to "upgrade" to Windows 10.  My Inspiron came with Windows 8.1.  I upgraded to Windows 10, and I had numerous issues with the touchpad, plus the laptop ran very slow.  I used the re-install disc to go back to Windows 8.1, but it was a nightmare that took 2 days to figure out.  I had to reload all the drivers from the dell.com site, including network drivers, chipset drivers etc.  Since this model had no network cable plug in, I had to use another computer to access the network driver files.  Even after all the drivers were replaced, the windows update was messed up, and it took a few more hours to figure that out.  Once I got Windows 8.1 up and running it is so much faster on this computer than Windows 10 ever was.  I just want anyone out there with this type of computer to really think about installing Windows 10.  It's not good for all computers, especially this model. 

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 16th, 2016 15:00

:emotion-2:

What exactly is your Dell model ? Example: Dell Inspiron 3543 laptop

12 Posts

February 16th, 2016 18:00

Dell Inspiron 5551...Windows 8.1 works just fine.  I have no intentions of upgrading again.

No Events found!