Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 6th, 2017 05:00

Inspiron 15 5547 Fan Issue

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop, model number 5547. A couple of days ago I noticed that the fan is not spinning by looking at the back of the laptop. So I opened up the case and cleaned the fan. There was a lot of dust stuck there which I cleaned it out and also used a blower to dish out the dust stuck within.

After putting everything back, the fan still isn't spinning. I read a lot of forums about this. Most suggest that the fan is gone and I should replace it. While in some forums I read that it can be a software (Windows) issue as well.

I did the Diagnostic test at bootup (F12), the test said everything is alright and passed. I installed SpeedFan and a few other tools. Most of them show the Fan Speed at 0 RPM.

What should I do? Should I replace the fan or is there any Windows related thing that I should be doing?

Thanks.

• 

17K Posts

February 7th, 2017 05:00

schwarzes,

If the fan is not spinning after cleaning it out you may want to replace it. Below is the part number for the fan as well as the Dell Spare Parts phone number for ordering.,

P/N 3RRG4 -ASSY,FAN,DIS/UMA,MPL Heatsink, Fan and Accessories

Dell Spare Parts

1-877-717-3355

1 Message

March 14th, 2017 20:00

Hi, I had similar issues, I bought a new fan that spins on start up but then stops and won't come back on.

Any tips on how to manually turn it on

No Events found!