Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2017 05:00

Inspiron 15 5547 Hinge problem

I didn't quite find an answer, so I'm asking here. Has Dell compensated anyone for the design flaw with the Inspiron 15 5547 regarding the hinges? I opened my laptop this morning, and lo and behold, my palm rest is cracked. This will be the fourth one that has cracked. Three replaced by Dell under warranty, and the last by myself as my warranty expired.

At this point, I see no reason to replace the palm rest again, as it's just going to break again. At what point do you stop dumping money into this thing?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 30th, 2017 09:00

" Three replaced by Dell under warranty, and the last by myself as my warranty expired "

Unfortunately the palm rest is crack again as I know this is very frustrated for you. However, Dell list a laptop Hinge policy at the top of the forum. It should answer your question.

Dell Laptop Hinge Policy - General Hardware - Laptop ...

4 Posts

July 30th, 2017 09:00

Dell has a *** policy regarding normal wear and tear on hinges. This is reoccurring breaking plastic. Which is a design flaw. That's not normal wear and tear.

4 Posts

July 30th, 2017 10:00

Essentially all I can find is Dell's Official stance is, our laptops are ***, we know they break, so lets put out this useless policy and claim it's normal wear and tear, for plastic to continually break on a 2 year old laptop. Four palm rests in 2 years is normal wear and tear?

No Events found!