Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 11th, 2017 02:00

Inspiron 15 5555 won't turn on after normal shutdown

Hi everyone I have an issue, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series, the model is the Inspiron 5555

After using it for a while I decided to let it rest, so a turn it off, when I came back the laptop won't turn on, the battery was fully charged and everything was working great!! but after that shutdown doesn't turn on, I already tried a few things

Pushing the power button withouth the cable and the battery on the Laptop, I tried it for, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 and 60 seconds on different times and didn't work, sometimes it showed me like a white/amber led but didn't show anything and it won't turn on, and in a different occasion gave me a flashing fully white led, but it again didn't work, it doesn't give me any beep or anything

also I tried doing the same steps withouth the HDD, RAM and BIOS Battery, again no different result

Why is happening this to me haha :(?

The computer has the latest Windows 10 Update, 12 GB Ram, A10 Proccesor, HDD 1TB 

Here's a link of the computer on Amazon if you need it: https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-15-5555-A10-8700P-2-2GHz/dp/B0163Q724Q

Thank you so much for wasting your time on my case haha, I'm really desperate!

5 Posts

August 14th, 2017 21:00

Thank you so much for answering, at the end I made it work by disconnecting and connecting the charger while pressing the power button several times, for some reason that's the only way to make it work now, I can restart normally but if I turn off the computer I have to repeat this process, I would send the computer to a computer shop in two weeks, anyway, thank you again!

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

August 11th, 2017 06:00

Hi JoseM97,

Thanks for posting.

From what you're describing, it appears that the motherboard has failed.  You may wish to contact Dell Tech Support for further analysis.  Thanks.

5 Posts

August 11th, 2017 15:00

There's nothing I can try? My laptop doesn't have warranty :(

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

August 14th, 2017 05:00

You can try contacting tech support for troubleshooting over the phone, or a local computer shop.  Dell will repair it for a fee (if you are out of warranty) or you can try to do it yourself: parts-people.com.  http://dell.to/2vBgN1D

1 Message

August 14th, 2017 21:00

Thank You win 10. One of many mistakes. I think it is not a hardeware fail. But many laptops work fine with win 10.

5 Posts

August 15th, 2017 22:00

It may be, this started after this Win 10 Creators Update, but I can't really tell if it is a hardware or software problem

No Events found!