Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 11th, 2016 16:00

Inspiron 15-5568 messed up after BIOS system update - HELP!!!!

Wondering how I can fix this.... Did recommended BIOS update and now getting message "operating system loader has no signature.  Incompatible with SecureBoot.  All bootable devices failed Secure Boot verification".

Pls help!  

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 12th, 2016 07:00

Please click on links below, hopefully it will be of help.

Posted by Buckly53e - Boot not possible after BIOS update:

en.community.dell.com/.../19988584

Posted by MUSTARD647 -Dell Inspiron 5459/5559/5759 BIOS Update Error - WILL NOT REBOOT

en.community.dell.com/.../19670909

5 Posts

November 12th, 2016 09:00

Thank you!  Unfortunately the UEFI setting is already selected, and Legacy is greyed out and no option to switch out.  

What would happen if I restored settings?  Am I going to lose everything on my computer?  This is all new to me :)

November 13th, 2016 01:00

Greetings,
Start the system and keep tapping F2 to boot to BIOS. Disable secure boot and save changed and exit. Restart the system and uninstall windows update KB3172729. Enable secure boot. Let us know if this helps.

5 Posts

November 14th, 2016 07:00

Hi Pradeep,

I booted to BIOS and disabled the secure boot, saved and restarted the system - cant seem to get out of this support assist that is telling me to back up or factory restore.  When I exited and did another restart, I'm now getting the support assist message "no bootable devices found".  

This is a computer I'm using for school and am beside myself as i just got it in August '16.  Have never had issues like this with any other computer I've owned.  And certainly didn't think a bios update recommended from Dell would wreak so much havoc!

If you have any other fixes I am open to them!

Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 14th, 2016 07:00

I'd suggest you run Diagnostic tool to check for any hardware issue that might be causing the error code on your computer.

1. Turn off your computer and disconnect all Peripherals [printer, external drive, flash drive, etc] from system.   

2. Power on computer, quickly start tapping the F12 key continuously. You should see the Diagnostic tab, please click it. After the quick tests has completed then I suggest you run 'Thorough' test mode on hard drive. Reports back any error code.

www.youtube.com/watch

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 14th, 2016 08:00

Lastly.....

Troubleshooting Hard Drive (Official Dell Tech Support)

https://youtu.be/T4YZebIiiRs

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 14th, 2016 08:00

" I'm now getting the support assist message "no bootable devices found".  

:emotion-2:

Or.....

run a system scan on hard drive in Dell Support Assist. see image below:

November 14th, 2016 17:00

Greetings,

Secure boot enabled. Boot List option is UEFI.
Check the Boot sequence under General. Click on view under Boot list option. Then click on ok to get the list of boot sequence. Check if hard drive is first boot device.

Hard drive is Customer replaceable unit. Please reseat the hard drive using this link: http://dell.to/2eYY7SY and check if you getting same error message.

Power On the system
Power Off the system at Dell Logo with “rolling dots”
Repeat the above steps 2-3 times so that the system starts to recovery menu options. Select Troubleshoot. Reset PC. Note: Back up data before trying the step.

No Events found!