Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2017 13:00

Inspiron 15 5578 2-in-1 - Bluetooth output skips

Brand new Inspiron 15 5578 : audio skips on bluetooth output. 

When playing audio on Bluetooth to a JBL Flip 3 speaker the playback skips constantly. Not a connectivity issue in regards to my broadband connection as streaking from my phone to the speaker works flawlessly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers for wireless devices.

Any suggestions, very frustrating.. Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

September 2nd, 2017 10:00

Thank you for your message.

Does this happen irrespective of the volume level or does it happen when the volume is higher than 80 %?

Have you tried connecting an external wired speaker & check if the issue persists?

Complete all Windows update & restart the computer.

Open device manager- expand network adapter – right click on the wireless driver & click on uninstall (do not check the box that says delete driver) & restart the computer. This will refresh the driver.

Note – You have a combo card (Wireless & Bluetooth), when try connecting to the network you will need to input the wireless password

Please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

September 2nd, 2017 12:00

Do you have any other Bluetooth devices you can try this with?  I don't have those speakers but I have headphones and speakers.  When playing music it seems to work OK.  Although I have just heard a couple of times where the output was distorted for a couple of seconds.  I have not heard that before on this Inspiron 17.  I have heard distortion on playback earlier when the processor was running at very slow speeds.

If I walk away from the transmitter, I can loose the connection and the music will stop and start back when I get close again.

Are you streaming in any particular way which may be involved?  I don't know of a way to watch the Bluetooth transfer speeds or signal levels.

No Events found!