Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 10th, 2016 12:00

Inspiron 15 7000 (7559) screen flicker issue (video linked)

I bought the Inspiron 15 7000 (1TB HDD, non-touch) two months ago and have noticed that my screen flickers slightly intermittently. I'm adding a link to a video showing the problem at the bottom of this message.

I first noticed the problem during my first week of using this laptop and assumed it was a driver or software issue. Since then I've searched through forums to see if someone else has a similar thing going on. A lot of people have commented negatively about the screen for this model but that's mostly because of the colors and low brightness.

I have installed all the latest drivers (video, graphics, BIOS) from Dell's website as well as played with power settings (Dell Power Manager Lite and Intel's Graphics Properties) but to no avail. I should also point out that having the laptop on battery or plugged in makes no difference and the problem persists.

Please let me know if there's anything else I should try before sending it back to Dell. Thank you!

Link:

April 5th, 2016 06:00

Yea I also have this issue on the laptop screen only. I contacted Dell two months ago and sent the laptop to their repair center. They replaced the motherboard and returned it. It made no difference whatsoever and the screen still flickered so I got in touch with Dell again and told them that it seemed like an LCD problem. They agreed and said it's either the LCD cable or the screen itself so they asked me to ship it back to their repair center, which I did.

I just received the laptop back a few days ago and guess what? They replaced the motherboard again! Didn't even touch the LCD or its cable connector. Can't even begin to explain how *** off I am right now. I've been without a laptop for almost two months now because of this. Extremely disappointed.

February 26th, 2016 07:00

UPDATE: I sent the laptop back to Dell for repairs and they replaced the system board. Unfortunately, it has made no difference and the screen flickering still persists. Really bummed.

February 26th, 2016 12:00

I am having the same issue with my 7559 laptop. If you put the refresh rate under settings on 48 hz the flickering is much less.

February 28th, 2016 01:00

Now working a day with the laptop. Even with 48 hz I still can not use to the blinking on the screen. After an hour work on this screen I get frustrated. It is difficult to concentrate on reading when the light intesity of the surrounding of the screen constantly distracts you.

I'll contact Dell for a repair or money back offer.

2 Posts

April 3rd, 2016 06:00

Had the exact same issue. Contacted Dell and they replaced the screen. All works fine now. Just to be clear, I had this issue on the laptop screen, but not on external display.

2 Posts

April 7th, 2016 23:00

That's the opposite of my experience with their service... They offered to send a technician to my house the day after I called them, and he replaced the screen within five minutes... (I live in Israel so I guess the service varies between different countries). Good luck with that!

7 Posts

June 15th, 2016 01:00

I am currently facing the same issue with my Dell 7559.

I noticed it only occurs when I open the laptop to the completely open position. which I do because of the way I sit and use it..

The problem does not upto opening it 90 degrees and a little more...but does so in full open and on full load it is pretty bad.

Can you confirm the same situation for you?

June 15th, 2016 06:00

No, the position of the lid made no difference on the flickering. Replacing the LCD fixed the problem for me.

July 8th, 2016 10:00

I am having the exact same issues with my alienware. Updated all the drivers and changed out the data cable. Have a new screen on order now. Hope it works for me.

2 Posts

August 30th, 2016 11:00

Did you replace the LCD Cable? If so, could you advise me on how to do so, or if there is a video that can guide me? I bought this laptop recently and i think i may need to replace it.. Also where did you purchase the cable

August 30th, 2016 23:00

No I replaced the LCD itself and not the cable which fixed the issue for me.

2 Posts

August 30th, 2016 23:00

Ahh okay. Cause I purchased one used and it has a defective LCD  cable. I got it for real cheap so it will be worth it

August 31st, 2016 00:00

goods video

No Events found!