Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2014 08:00

Inspiron 15 7000 Series restarts to death

My inspiron 15 7000 series constantly restarts when I close the lid. It does it every single time I close the lid and the charger isn't plugged in, and only occasionally when the charger is plugged in. It also will not power on when the battery is 100% charged, I have to plug it in, hit the power button, and then I can unplug it. I've been having this issue since I took it out of the box in October. I've gone to technical support and they have done the remote assistance thing multiple times with no luck. I gave up on getting any real help from them and have been trying to fix the issue myself. Since the issue is still there after completely reformatting I'm convinced its a hardware issue, but when the diagnostics are run it shows there are no issues. I've tried every setting possible in the power settings, updated drivers, and done thousands of google searches trying to find someone that solved this issue. I'm at my wits end with this thing and for the money I paid I expected this laptop to actually work. 

Is there anyone out there that can help me or should I accept defeat and launch this POS out the window?

1 Message

December 29th, 2015 08:00

Hi Brittney,

I think that you have to configure in the Power menu which you find in the Control Panel, what you would like to happen when closing the lid.

No Events found!