Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 30th, 2016 18:00

Inspiron 15-7559, hinge issue, new thread

I also have the same issue on my recently bought Dell Inspiron 15 7559 model. This is not a wear and tear issue as i have handled the laptop well without any accidental fall or damage.

This seems more like a manufacturing issue and DELL is not willing to accept the flaw in the design. There are numerous people in this forum who have complained about the same issue.

When it tried talking to customer service they disconnected when i mentioned about the design flaw. Horrible customer service to say the least.

Is there any resolution for this problem ? , mine is still under warranty.

September 27th, 2016 07:00

Any update on this issue ?

Hello, DELL Customer Service ?

2K Posts

September 28th, 2016 18:00

Hi SUPERSAIYAN1,

Please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

I shall review the case and then keep you posted accordingly.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

October 10th, 2016 02:00

I have the same issue on my 7559. the laptop is opening up on left hinge and I can see the insides. .Standard Dell answer its damage and wear tear!/ For a six month old laptop and not covered under warranty. I have been a dell customer for last 12 years and my 4 th Dell.  This is clearly a manufacturing defect and If not fixed under warranty I am going to raise a small courts case

1 Message

November 10th, 2016 08:00

I have the exact same issue with same hinge and it is ridiculous that they expect me to pay $160 for the repair. I've never once dropped it and always handle my laptops with care. My hinge is so broken I'm afraid of even closing the laptop at this point. It is clearly a defect considering the amount of people affected and they refused to acknowledge that.

1 Message

December 27th, 2016 09:00

I have the same exact issue. This is clearly a defect in materials and workmanship and should be covered under warranty. Dell customer service refuses to help and every rep I have spoken to has been incredible rude and dismissive.

4 Posts

February 19th, 2017 12:00

I also have the same problems.

you can watch those videos i posted at youtube and sent to Dell's customer support:

1. www.youtube.com/watch

2. www.youtube.com/watch

The hinge issue already repaired once under warranty on October 2016.

I have the laptop since the end of 2015 and now the hinge problem is back.

I've talked with the customer support today and they asked me to send them pictures because the last person who called before me had that exact problem.

Dell must take responsibility for those problems and provide appropriate compensation to the users.

February 20th, 2017 12:00

I sent the guy a private message.  So we will see what they say!!   That guys video shows what happens at first.  The clicking hinges.  Then your computer will start to open up.  It ***!!  I have to duct tape my computer to keep it closed.

February 20th, 2017 12:00

I agree this is how they have treated me!

No Events found!