Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

X

July 21st, 2017 15:00

Inspiron 15 7579 Sound Cracking/Gliching/Buzzing

Hello, I have noticed my sound begin to crack and glitch whenever I plug in and out the charger into the laptop. I have updated by Intel RST and the issue persists. The sound also occasionally glitches out and buzzes randomly. The most common issue for me is the sound cracking (staticy). I've noticed this issue since I first bought the laptop but assumed that a update would fix it. Anyone have a solution to this? I am running Win10 Home. If anyone more system information is required please tell me.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

July 24th, 2017 06:00

It seems to me to be a charger issue. You could contact tech support and see what they have to say about it.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 24th, 2017 07:00

* Turn the Inspiron 15-7579 off
* Change the physical mode to Laptop. Not Tablet or Tent
* Disconnect, then reconnect the AC adapter to the 7579
* Turn the 7579 on
* Once on the Windows desktop, download and reinstall our Realtek ALC3253 driver When done, restart the 7579

* Once on the Windows desktop, plug headphones into the leftside headphone port
* Play music. How does it sound?
* While the music is playing, disconnect the headphones. The music should switch to the internal speakers. How does it sound

* Turn the Inspiron 15-7579 off
* Disconnect the AC adapter from the 7579
* Turn the 7579 on using battery only

* Once on the Windows desktop, plug headphones into the leftside headphone port
* Play music. How does it sound?
* While the music is playing, disconnect the headphones. The music should switch to the internal speakers. How does it sound

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

I bumped into a situation yesterday with my Inspiron 17 7779  I noticed the sound was bad and sounded like the speakers were broken and badly distorting the sound.  Open a window made it worse.

I checked the Processor and it was running at .41 GHz on the 2.7 GHz system and I had never seen it that slow.

I saw a message in the Event Viewer about a processor being restricted due to firmware.

I rebooted to reset and got the message about the power supply not being verified and the system was restricted until the power was verified.

I noticed my power plug was out about 1/16th of an inch so I could see part of the barrel.  I pushed the plug in and the problem corrected itself with the processor speed returning to normal and the music no longer distorted.

So it was tied to the power supply, as suggested.  I would have thought the plug would have needed to be out much more than it was to cause a problem.  Perhaps there is some type of dead spot which confuses the system.

41 Posts

Ok, thanks for the suggestions, I will try them and report back asap. Thanks again.

41 Posts

July 24th, 2017 08:00

The audio driver solution seems to have cleared things up a bit as of right now. Now when i plug in my charger I get a minimal  noticeable static for a second. But then, while the charger was plugged in my music started to go in slow mode and buzz for 2 seconds after a while, not instantly when the charger gets plugged in. At this point I'm not sure if the second issue is related with the charger at all.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

July 25th, 2017 05:00

At this point I'm not sure if the second issue is related with the charger at all.

The usual test is to see if the problem goes away when you unplug the charger. If so, then it is related to the charger. If the problem exists when not connected to charger, then most likely unrelated.

41 Posts

July 25th, 2017 06:00

I can confirm that the slow mode music buzzing is not related to the charger as it has happened randomly without the charger plugged in. I also noticed a mild computer lag when this occurs.it usually lasts about 2 seconds. Now this seems to randomly occur, I haven't been able to replicate this by plugging in the charger. The only problem when plugging in the charger is a very minor brief static that is barely noticeable.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 25th, 2017 08:00

You have confirmed the processor is running at normal speeds?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 25th, 2017 09:00

1. What would the normal processor speeds be?

My normal speed when not working hard is around .7 to .8 GHz.  When the problem occurred, the speed was down to .41 GHz. 

Task Manager shows the processor speed and can be read in written or graphical form.  The Resource Monitor provides more info than Task Manager.

The Event Viewer is your best source of logs.  Whether Errors or Warnings it may give some indication.

It is hard to judge if something is messing with your system.  I went to a Microsoft website and because of IEShims.dll the site would force the Processor utilization up to 60%.

41 Posts

July 25th, 2017 09:00

1. What would the normal processor speeds be?

2. Is there any way of monitoring the processor speeds to see any correlation with the issue.

3. I can now confirm that the buzzing/static/sound glitching/distortion seems to not be directly related to the charger as it happens randomly with and without the charger on. Plugging in the charger does seem to induce the issue to happen but not always.

4. When the music starts to get distorted/buzzes/slows down I also notice sometimes a lag throughout the computer. Like I have said, this only lasts around 2 seconds.

5. Is there any logs I could provide to here that could show the issue?

41 Posts

July 25th, 2017 14:00

Also while going through the events viewer I saw A LOT of warnings at the moment of the crash, most were pci express root port errors (devicesetupmanager) (whea-logger)  and  speeds of processors being limited by system firmware (kernal processor power).

41 Posts

July 25th, 2017 14:00

Today while trying to replicate the problem via plugging in the charger into the laptop my laptop crashed and got a blue screen. It's not the first time it has happened but the first time it happened because of plugging in the charger. The stop code is Unexpected_store_exception . The blue screen did not appear instantly. The computer was semi usable for about a minute before crashing. The music stopped and was stuck on loading. The loading animations were not frozen.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 25th, 2017 18:00

The only time I have seen the whea-logger was in relation to Bluetooth.  You might try disabling it in the Bios and see if it makes any difference.

Have you set your system to write the small dump files?  If not, type systempropertiesadvanced in a Run box and hit enter.  It will take you to that tab so go to Startup and Recovery - Settings.  On the bottom select Small memory dump (256 KB)  You can Zip and attach or put them on your OneDrive and give us a link.  I saw a number on one dump file which may have contained a number you would not want to publish but I cannot confirm since I do not know the real number.  Maybe someone from Dell would have a comment.  You could private message me with a link if you want.

I you can get a dump file it may help explain what is happening but no guarantees.

41 Posts

July 26th, 2017 06:00

So is it safe to send my dump files or not? If anyone can confirm.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 26th, 2017 08:00

I checked the number again and it is described as a Baseboard_Product number and is 6 digits.  A number with 6 digits does not fit any of my special numbers so it is probably something else.

I was also thinking that plugging or unplugging the Power adapter changes how your power scheme behaves.  I might try either restore the default settings for the one you currently use or try a different Power Scheme.

No Events found!