Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

June 29th, 2017 07:00

Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567

Hi,

Have a 2 month old brand new Inspiron 15 gaming 7567 laptop and while playing a game tonight I was tapping on the case(more precisely next to the touch pad) gently, all of a sudden my laptop shut down and now will not turn back on.

When you press the power. Button it lights up for a split second and turns off.. it doesn't even make the usual noises like it wants to boot. The only time I can get a noise is when I hold "d + power button" and that only last half a second.

I have tried other general suggestion such as disconnecting button and holding down power then reconnecting to no end.

Any one have any ideas?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 29th, 2017 08:00

If you're comfortable in opening the computer, I suggest reseating the battery. Please follow steps below:

1. Remove all peripherals, AC adapter, and battery from system. Press the " Power On " for about 15 seconds to release Static Flea Power.

2. Replace battery, adapter, and then power on system. Hopefully computer starts normally.

Support for Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 | Manuals & documents ...

Note; Please read the Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Service Manual thoroughly before attempting to remove screws and battery.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 29th, 2017 08:00

:emotion-2:

If you aren't comfortable in opening the computer, I suggest you check your warranty status by entering  your service tag number onto the link below.

dell.com

After, contact Technical Support in link below:

Contact Information | Dell US

June 29th, 2017 13:00

This was the first thing I did, unfortunately did not work

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 30th, 2017 09:00

I would strongly suggest contacting Technical Support for further assistance. However, if you still want to troubleshoot, I suggest you reseat memory to see if that will make a difference. If that doesn't work, try removing one components at a time such as Hard drive / Solid State drive, DVD drive / Graphic Card if any, or mother board (coin-cell) battery.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 30th, 2017 09:00

Lastly,

Please read Basic Troubleshooting in your Me And My Dell manual and listen for any series of beeps.  

Page 89:

No Events found!