Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2016 14:00

Inspiron 15 beeps and cannot get support because service tag number and express service code not recognized

I have had my Inspiron 15 3000 series since the end of August and was liking it until is started beeping a few weeks ago - sounds like a truck backing up.  It does it 5 times and repeats 3 times when starting up.    I tried online support but you cannot get anywhere until you enter your service tag number or express service code neither are recognized.  I tried calling support but they could not identify my computer with the numbers either (I took pictures of them on my tablet and made them larger so I know they are right).   I purchased my laptop on line. Initially there was a message about the power source, but I have popped my battery out and  back in and the error message no longer pops up but is still beeps.   I am at a complete loss as to what to do at this point and am incredibly frustrated.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 2nd, 2016 17:00

Where was the system purchased?  Dell, or a third party?

4 Posts

December 2nd, 2016 17:00

Ran into the same brick wall you did on the codes issue.  Sorry you are experiencing that, but glas I am not alone in frustration.

3 Posts

December 3rd, 2016 14:00

I purchased it online from Dell.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 5th, 2016 10:00

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 5th, 2016 10:00

BradyMommy wrote; "It does it 5 times and repeats 3 times when starting up."

:emotion-2:

Five beeps usually mean Real Time Clock (RTC) power fail. I'd suggest you replace the CMOS battery in the system. You can purchase a brand new battery at your local Walmart for about $3.00 -$5.00.

To get a better understanding of Dell beep codes, please click on link below. The Dell article also apply the same as to most Dell laptops.

www.dell.com/.../en

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 5th, 2016 11:00

If you have warranty then I suggest you contact Technical Support in the link below:

www.dell.com/.../Contact-Information

No Events found!