Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

10 Posts

December 2nd, 2006 03:00

Inspiron 1501 - Experience so far :(

Purchased on 11/12. Received 11/20. Loaded software(games, updates etc.) evening of 11/20 and day of 11/21. Total time on laptop about 5 hours. Evening of 21st turned on laptop...no screen...that's right..black screen...everything appeared to boot up...but no video. Hooked up external, had video. Switched between screens, even tried to get both going together, still...black screen.

Called tech, they had me do a few more tests, then they came up with the conclusion of motherboard failure. So, they ship box. I send laptop on 11/24. They receive it on 11/28. Now, on the website, under the service call status it states cancelled and was last updated on 11/22.

So, after not seeing a change on the day they recieved it, I called customer service that evening. The lady said the computers were slow and couldn't pull up any info on my laptop and would call me when she gets info. Okay..fine.

She did call back the evening of 11/29 and said she was still on it, but still did not have any info.

On 11/30 I called tech support to see if there was any news. He was more informative by stating that the repair had been denied due to the system being so new that it did not register. He stated he would find out what is going on and call me when he gets word.

12/1, I call to find out if I can do a return since I am definately not a happy customer. The lady stated that she would find out what is going on and etc. Said she would call me back in a few hours.

Guess What????

No one called. My guess, they lost the computer somewhere.

Anyway, in all of this mess, I will never, ever buy a new system again. New meaning...model number. All I want now is to send them back their hard drive, battery and software and get my money back.

I'm beyond angry.

Thanks for the "venting" space...

Message Edited by puter_putzer on 12-02-200612:20 AM

Message Edited by puter_putzer on 12-02-200612:39 AM

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 2nd, 2006 10:00

You are still within 21 days of shipment. Call back and insist on a new system to replace the one you have.

10 Posts

December 2nd, 2006 15:00

Thanks...I tried that yesterday and the lady said that they have to locate the computer 1st. Even thou someone signed for it when they received it(only shows up on the DHL site), there seems to be no tracking of it since then. I called again today and the returns are closed til Mon. Decided against calling customer service knowing it's the weekend, which means.... ;)

Also, I have just submitted an online form requesting a return. Here's hoping that on Monday, the phone will be ringing. Hmmm...when pigs fly...lol.

Out of all of the years dealing with Dell in both laptops and desktops...I have never seen a disaster like this.

5 Posts

December 4th, 2006 21:00

hello i too am in the same situation, i was in the middle of playing age of empires, and all of a sudden i shut down. I caled tech support (so glad i got an american, lol) and he determined that i had a motherboard failure. They're sending the box tomorrow. what are your specs? here are mine.

amd sempron 3500+
1 gig 2 dimm ram
Ati Radeon256mb
60 gig hard drive
15.4'' screen
dvd burner
6-cell bat.

what are you going to do?
e-mail me jmango1988@yahoo.com

10 Posts

December 5th, 2006 03:00

Hi :)

Well.....after days on the phone and today finding out that it hasn't even been looked at nor know when it will...I finally got the repair cancelled and am having it shipped back...then sending it back to where ever as a return..

I'm getting the 1505. No more brand new models for me....

5 Posts

December 5th, 2006 03:00

i would recomend taking you money and running, take a look at this site http://www.ihatedell.net/forum/

10 Posts

December 5th, 2006 04:00

I can't get thru on that link.

Anyway, as far as hating Dell or any other computer company...what's the difference.
?

There are people that hate Gateway, just as there are those complaining about Compaq, HP...etc.

I have a tracfone for a cell....many hate them...I've never had problems.

I guess what I'm getting at is that technology keeps advancing and with that expect cheaper parts, cheaper quality, but faster machines and more than ever, faster breakdowns.

My hand held electric mixer from '80 that still works will outlast in total years my new all plastic handheld that has more power than the old one could ever conceive.

Our pentium 2 lattitude will outlast in total years the new 1505 that will eventually get here.

And for kicks, I could go fire up our dimension p75(yep...an actual 75 pentium) and I know it will still start up :)

10 Posts

December 5th, 2006 04:00

Wow...got some happy people over there...lol.

Example of why the best time to buy a new computer is....never:

http://www.my3cents.com/search.cgi?criteria=Gateway

http://www.my3cents.com/search.cgi?criteria=dell&usearch=X

http://www.my3cents.com/search.cgi?criteria=ibm&usearch=X

http://www.my3cents.com/search.cgi?criteria=compaq&usearch=X

http://www.my3cents.com/search.cgi?criteria=alienware&usearch=X

...and the list can go on.....

Message Edited by puter_putzer on 12-05-200602:11 AM

10 Posts

December 14th, 2006 02:00

And this is where we stand on 12/13 and what I sent to "unresolved issues":

Purchased Inspiron 1501 on 11/12(xxxxxxx)-Received 11/20-Called Dell tech support 11/21 due to monitor not working-A case was opened and a shipping box was sent-Received shipping box 11/24 and mailed laptop same day to repair depot(never again!!!!)-Repair depot received item 11/28(DHL tracking # xxxxxxx)-Called Dell tech support starting 11/28 due to account showing call cancelled as of 11/22-In several calls, tech stated they would call back when they found out what is going on-1 tech stated, yes, the call was cancelled due to the laptop being too new for the system...others kept asking for the tracking #-In all calls, no one stated that it was actually at the depot and had been physically touched/looked at-The 4th day of calling I requested a return/refund-Was told that I had to physically have the whole computer(have just the hard drive, battery and software right now)...also was told I would get a call same day on status of computer(no return call as expected)-12/4 called returns again, told them I needed a laptop now...was told that I would have to wait for the laptop to get mailed back to me then mail it back to them in order for a refund-They cancelled repair and stated I should get back the laptop in a week or so-Ordered a different Dell computer same day and received it 12/7-Called tech support 12/13 for info on when I'm ever going to get the defective laptop back-Still, no news-Still told will call back-Still told I can't get my $$$s back until I have a complete laptop and after talking to 3 different techs and having to give the tracking # again, I personally feel the laptop has been lost/misplaced or... and that I will keep getting the runaround from them-I have even tried finding a direct phone # to the repair depot with no luck. I have my doubts that this will work. Afterall, I requested a return thru email on this same laptop on 12/2( Returns Request #AutoReply# (xxxxxxx))and never got a response either.

And now, if anyone has any ideas...please post away. I did try to open a dispute thru Paypal..but they won't touch this. Will be sending a chargeback thru credit card as soon as I get the forms to fill out, but I have my doubts on that too.

I've dealt with a supposed supervisor as my last resort today, but I have my doubts he was, besides...he never called back in the 2 hours he stated just like the others.
No Events found!