Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

October 15th, 2008 08:00

Inspiron 1520 Screen Blank

Having some issues with my Inspiron 1520... I had hooked it up to an external display via the S-Video output, went through the normal routine except this time the display did not show up on the TV. I had to restart the computer using the power button, but when it restarted the screen no longer shows up, just get a blank black screen. The Power and Numlock displays are lit up and I've tried connecting to the TV again as well as to a exernal monitor to no avail.

I've had a lot of problems with the video card prior to this and I've had it replaced once and unfortunatly my warranty is expired. Just trying to figure out if this is a hardware issue or a problem with the external options. Any help is appreciated.

Message Edited by Yoshimaru on 10-15-2008 04:07 AM

2 Posts

October 15th, 2008 23:00

I've tried connecting to the TV again, as well as an external monitor but neither has displayed anything. As far as I can tell the backlight of my laptop isn't even coming on which leads me to believe my screen is dead. The only reason I would doubt that is the circumstance in which this happened, right after a restart. It didn't just randomly go dead, it was after the display was supposed to be on the TV and I had to restart it...

3.6K Posts

October 15th, 2008 23:00

I would suggest disconnecting from the tv and run the diagnostic test on the video again.

Or will it show anything on the screen at all to be able to run the tests?....
Message Edited by dgkpcon on 10-15-2008 08:07 PM

1 Message

February 3rd, 2011 14:00

Hi, did you ever work out what the problem was? I think i'm having exactly the same troubles...

May 10th, 2011 20:00

Wondering if you also solved your problem.

My 1520 went black tonight, but hooking up to an external monitor allows me to use my laptop as a desktop.

Would bad sectors on my HDD cause a display problem?

How hard is it to check the connection to my laptop screen?

thks
joe

No Events found!