Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

R

1 Message

January 27th, 2008 11:00

Inspiron 1520 Touchpad

The right click on the touchpad on my 1520 is not working. Can anyone help?

331 Posts

January 27th, 2008 13:00

Have you looked at the Touchpad settings yet?

In Start menu, Control Panel, then Hardware, go into the Mouse settings and look for Dell Touchpad. You can check to see if the Right button is set to something other than Shortcut Menu.
(should be a specific Buttons section after clicking the big graphic, at least that's how I see it under Vista here)
Make sure it is on Shortcut Menu and it should be okay.

If that's not a fix try reinstalling the Touchpad driver from the Dell Downloads.

1 Message

August 16th, 2010 11:00

In Start menu, Control Panel, then Hardware, go into the Mouse settings and look for Dell Touchpad. You can check to see if the Right button is set to something other than Shortcut Menu.
(should be a specific Buttons section after clicking the big graphic, at least that's how I see it under Vista here)

If that's not a fix try reinstalling the Touchpad driver from the Dell Downloads.

Though I see this is an old post, I hope someone is still monitoring these.  

I just inherited a Vostro 1520, which was updated to W7. I normally use an external mouse when I am at my desk with my laptop.

My issue is when I try to be productive and type as fast as the words come to me, I end up bumping the touchpad and my cursor jumps and when I look over I see text all over the screen .

I DO NOT have an entry for Dell Touchpad in my Mouse settings.  It shows Devices as HID-compliant mouse and PS/2 Compatible Mouse.  In Location it shows the HID as a USB device and the PS/2 as plugged into Ps/2 mouse port - this must be the touch pad. 

It thinks the touchpad is a PS/2 mouse !  I want to disable it when the USB mouse is in and enable when I go mobile.  I should not have to re-enter control panel and enable./disable PS/2 all the time .

Can anyone help ???

Bueller?...Bueller?...Bueller?

October 17th, 2010 17:00

This is what I'm looking for, Thanks for your effort!
No Events found!