Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 6th, 2010 20:00

Inspiron 1525 Backlight issue but inverter and screen are good!?!?

I had a customer dropp off an Inspiron 1525 laptop due to the "not charging issue". Therefore, the dc jack power board was replaced. However, when the laptop was put back together and turned on, we noticed that the LCD was extremely dark as though the backlight was shot.

When we hooked up the 1525 to an external monitor, it worked great. We thought it was the inverter so we replaced it and still "no backlight"! We changed the lcd cable and still "no backlight". I even swapped out the LCD screen and still "no backlight". I tried the original LCD screen on an inspiron E1505 and it worked great. What the heck is going on? I even tried connecting the LCD screen to another 1525 motherboard that we had around collecting dust and still no backlight. I'm extremely upset at this point. This problem seems to defy all logic to me. Obviously the LCD Screen and inverter are fully working.. Any thoughts? Is there somekind of weird issue that only dell knows how to fix. I'm thinking of getting another 1525 motherboard but fearful it will not fix the problem. What am I missing?

1 Message

September 14th, 2010 10:00

We are having the same issue.  Checked the inverter, screen, and cables... beginning to suspect the lid switch.  Has anyone else had this issue for know where the lid switch is? 

6 Posts

January 18th, 2011 14:00

Really? no answers for this. I have exactly the same problem.  Did either of you get any solution?

6 Posts

January 18th, 2011 16:00

I took the whole thing apart again- this time I took apart the screen, too, which I had not done before and put it all back together and I have the backlight back!!  Don't know why- I guess a loose connection. 

1 Message

November 7th, 2016 23:00

Thats because the a Dell lcd and inverter is "married" together and does not work with other lcd. So you need to purchase alla parts, LCD and inverter board and CCFL together

No Events found!