Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 27th, 2009 10:00

Inspiron 1525, how to enable input monitor

One year ago I bought a Dell Inspiron 1525 Core 2 Duo with Windows Vista and Sigmatel STAC 92xxHD Audio Chip, and I couldn’t  enable the input monitor, even after editing the registry (...\0007\Settings\filter\SpeakerHp). Unfortunately my notebook was stolen, and would like to buy a new Inspiron 1525. The questions are: In present models, is it possible to enable the input monitor?. How should it be done?. If I buy the notebook with a Soundblaster X-Fi Hi Def Audio, shall I have the same problem that I had with Intel High Definition Audio 2.0?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 27th, 2009 16:00

There aren't any new instructions, just the old ones (note that they call for specific drivers to be installed).

An external Soundblaster card should have monitoring. I've never heard of one that didn't have it.

4 Posts

May 27th, 2009 18:00

Thanks a lot, Jim. I'll buy a 1525, then. Anyhow I think that the Soundblaster X-Fi Hi Def Audio they are offering as an optional sound device is internal, isn't it?

13 Posts

May 27th, 2009 21:00

Hi, The Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software Edition option for the Inspiron 1525 is a software upgrade to the original sound hardware.  I looked a while ago and it did not seem worth the cost.  You will probably have the same issue you had on the stolen 1525 since the system board is probably the same only an additional software package/driver.  Make sure the system BIOS is up to date which if I recall is version 'A16'.  If you get the ExpressCard Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Sound Card option, you should not have any issues that I can see.

Note: The ExpressCard SB X-Fi is an external card that plugs into the Express Card slot on the right hand side of the 1525.

Good Luck,

Mark 

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 28th, 2009 04:00

As Mark said, it is an external sound card, but visually it is not noticeable.

I don't see the 1525 as still available for sale on dell.com.

4 Posts

May 28th, 2009 13:00

Thank you very much, Mark, for your explanation. Now I understand the difference between both audio options. I'll follow your advice about the BIOS.

Raul

4 Posts

May 28th, 2009 13:00

Thank  you again, Jim. Now I understand. With regard to the models available, you're right, now they are selling the Inspiron 15 ...

Raul

No Events found!