Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2009 23:00

Inspiron 1525 issues with starting it up

I've had the laptop for about 4 months. Yesterday I tried turning on my laptop and it got stuck on the loading screen (black, and in the middle theres a bar with green moving back and forth, underneath "c Microsoft Corporation") I haven't added any extra devices or anything. The day before it was working perfectly.

So, it was stuck at the loading screen for a long time before finally  I just took out the battery. When I turned it back on it brought me to a screen where I could do startup repair. So, it did a scan, but it said that it couldn't fix the problem automatically. I did a system restore, but it still got stuck on the loading screen. I'm hesitant to do any of the more drastic restorations.

Did this ever happen to anyone else? Any possible solutions?

I'm probably going to call dell technical services tomorrow if I can't get anything to work.

1.6K Posts

March 20th, 2009 05:00

Faulty hard drive would be high on the list of suspects - run the Dell diagnostics (F12 at powerup) in it.

21 Posts

March 20th, 2009 06:00

what i suggest you can do, is to reseat the hard drive, to reseat a hard drive you must Remove the two hard drive screws from the system and Slide the hard drive out othe side of the system. then take it back then try again. if still nothing is helping you you can reply.

3 Posts

March 20th, 2009 19:00

um, im not sure how to do that..

but I just called the dell technical services and we did a bunch of tests, and they ended up saying that it had nothing to do with the hardware, and something to do with the software. Which doesn't make much sense. Well to be short and sweet, they can't help me and they gave me the stupid phone number for the paid software help line.

I kind of regret not getting the complete care warranty, cause my extended warranty for the hardware is pretty much useless.

Any ideas to what my problem might be?

well thanks anyways for your advice.

No Events found!