Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2010 18:00

Inspiron 1525 monitor flickers, goes dark...

My 2 year old Inspiron 1525 has an issue. In November 2009 the monitor started to go dark, as I have been using it for work from home I plugged in an external monitor, the ext monitor works... The display works for about 10 minutes after I turn it on then it goes blank, so I have just been using the external. Now that I have time I figured I would try this... Any thoughts?? 

2 Posts

February 16th, 2010 09:00

I just started having this same problem this weekend. I have an Inspiron E1405 and I am using Vista. My screen sometimes goes completely dark, sometimes I can make out the screen but it's very very dim.  I've noticed it happens mostly when I'm plugged in.  If I put it on sleep mode and then take it out, the screen comes back on. Have to do it a few times but then computer is ok  until I have to plug it back in again.  I haven't tried using an external monitor, and really don't want to.

I thought it was maybe a virus but I did a scan and cleaned everything up and it's still doing this.  My warrenty is up, so I don't know what I'm doing. Any suggestions would be helpful.

February 16th, 2010 11:00

I too am having this same problem, my external monitor is fine, the laptop screen is dark, if I unplug the external cord it comes back up but only stays bright for 10 seconds to 1 minute then off again..

Anybody...

1 Message

February 20th, 2010 19:00

My friend who has a Dell Inspiron 600m is having the same problem for over a week now.   I thought for sure it was a virus as the monitor is fine on boot and seemed to go super dim at exactly the same time after log in.   Then, I, too, deduced that the external monitor worked fine but she doesn't have that luxury and now I'm rethinking that it isn't a virus (plus McFee found no viruses on her machine).

Looking for ideas, too

1 Message

May 13th, 2010 11:00

test

No Events found!