Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 20th, 2010 16:00

Inspiron 1525 screen problems

Hey, this is my first post here and I am having some trouble with my Inspiron 1525.

I got it in July of 2008 and it has been working great up until about 3 months ago.  What happens is when I turn it on, you can see about half of the dell BIOS screen and the rest is white lines.  I had for a while been able to get the screen to work if I adjusted it just right, but now it won't work at all.  it just shows a gray screen with some black circles and splotches.  What is wrong with the screen?

I am including a picture to show you what I mean.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 20th, 2010 16:00

Attach an external monitor.  If it shows a good image, replace the screen.  If it shows the same fault, replace the system board.

2 Posts

September 20th, 2010 17:00

It looks fine on an external monitor.  I don't know if I need to replace the entire screen or just the inverter though.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 20th, 2010 18:00

The inverter simply powers the backlight - if it fails, the screen is completely black.  You might check the cable that runs between the mainboard and screen, but if it's not obviously damaged, you will need to replace the screen.

1 Message

October 30th, 2011 10:00

Did you solve this problem?  I have the exact same.  When I twist the screen, I can sometimes get it to work, but it takes alot of twisting and it's happening more and more often.  That implies to me it's a connection problem somewhere.  I've pried off the cover between the keyboard and the monitor -- I don't see any cables pinched.  What else could it be?

No Events found!