Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 19th, 2011 00:00

Inspiron 1545 Battery Issue "Consider to replace your battery"

Hi,

My name is Amit Goyal. I have purchased my Dell inspiron 1545 laptop. My Dell laptop battery started giving problem with annoying message "Consider to replace your battery" and battery backup is also reduced significantly.

May I know the reason why it is giving this error ? And How I can get rid of this message ?

My battery serial number is: KR-0Y823G-71766-997-E0U3

I will really appreciate if you help me in this matter.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Goyal

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 19th, 2011 04:00

The problem is a battery near the end of its life, and the solution is to purchase a new battery - exactly what the message indicates.

2 Posts

April 19th, 2011 22:00

Dear EJN63,

Thanks for your prompt reply. :)

Yesterday I had discussion with the Dell technical support they told me that there was some manufacturing defect in the whole series of battery that is in my Laptop.

I purchased my laptop in September 24, 2009. And they said because of manufacturing defect we  increased the warranty to 18 months.

But in my case warranty was over 20 days back. but there was not any intimation from dell side for the replacement of that series of battery.

Being a famous brand,  I think it should be Dell's responsibility to replace the battery of that particular series because this was their manufacturing defect .

But They are not ready to replace my battery.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Goyal

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 20th, 2011 05:00

The battery carries a 12-month warranty. NO manufacturer will replace a battery more than 12 months old unless there's a proven safety defect (which there isn't, with this model).

No Events found!