Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 19th, 2011 11:00

Inspiron 1545 - cursor jumping

While I am typing in ANY program the cursor jumps to another place on the page and a sentence like:

I am going home tonight at 17h00 to get the bathroom painted. will come out like:

I am going home tonight a he bathroom painted.t 17h00 to get t   Sometimes its worse

but really annoying. Please assist.

Regards

George

October 20th, 2011 21:00

Hi George, try to uninstall the dell touchpad driver if is available, go to the device manager and look for it, if is not installed, try a clean Windows OS reinstallation and if still the same issue, the touchpad must be replaced. Regards

3 Posts

October 21st, 2011 05:00

Thxs Victor, I found Dell Touchpad under "Mice and other pointing devices." Must I just uninstall

and not try and reinstall afterwards?

Is a clean Windows OS reinstallation ann repair installation?

Sorry for the trouble, but I need to make sure of my actions.

Have a great weekend. Regards

George

October 21st, 2011 08:00

Hi George, tru to uninstall it, the dell touchpad is not from dell, actually windows generate it for the system, but a touchpad doesnt require a driver for working, if still the same issue after uninstalling it, porceed to delete it. After that the only software related option is a Windows Clean Reinstallation. If still the same issue the touchpad is having hardware issues. Regards,

3 Posts

December 16th, 2011 21:00

Since I installed TouchFreeze 1.0 I had very little problems and it is not interfering with other programs.

No Events found!