Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 16th, 2010 11:00

Inspiron 1564 Intel i5 Wireless Display

I have been reading on Intel's Core i5 & i7's ability to wirelessly transmit video to a receiver.

I have an Inspiron 1564 intel Core i5 and was wondering it the 'WiDi" is included with the i5 & i7 options via Dell. I have searched and haven't really found any information pertaining to it on the dell.com website.

Before I plop down another Benjamin for the Netgear WiDi receiver that connects to your tv I would like to know if my laptop supports that or not.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 16th, 2010 17:00

Check it out at the Intel site HERE.  You need to configure a new computer for WiMax when ordering. It's not included and you need to be in an area with wimax service available..

May 16th, 2010 18:00

Mary, thank you for your response.

I am afraid you may have misunderstood my question regarding the Wireless Display technology as mentioned at the Intel site HERE.

2 Posts

May 17th, 2010 10:00

Based on the description you provided I looked up the Netgear product referenced.  This device only lists 3 laptops it supports and the Dell 1564 is not one of those units.  I suspect you are going to have to go through Dell support to see if this product is included on your 1564 (just based on the description it sounds like not only do you have to have the i5 or i7 processor but something called Intel Wireless Display).

Just based on the product information it really sounds like this was a custom thing implemented by Intel in collaboration with Dell, Toshiba, Sony and Best Buy and only made available in a select group of units through Best Buy. 

No Events found!