Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 27th, 2014 08:00

Inspiron 15R 5521 Intermittently restarts

I have an Inspiron 15R 5521 that intermittently restarts at various times.  It doesn't seem to matter whether I am working in an MS Office Application or Firefox, IE, Chrome at least as far as noticing a pattern.  

I have tried to run the diagnostic tests on the Dell Support site numerous times and keep getting the message "A problem has been detected, please try again" at the third step in the Diagnostic test process, 'Installing my Dell client'.  

Has anybody experienced anything like this with this model laptop?  

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 27th, 2014 21:00

Hi ashekas,

I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer after the above steps by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

http://dell.to/164l6g4

I would suggest you to run a thorough test on the system. You can download MyDell from the link below and run the PC CHECKUP to check for issues

http://dell.to/1hAPOXr

Please let me know the findings.

4 Posts

November 29th, 2014 15:00

Hello Ravi,

I ran the BIOS Diagnostics you suggested multiple times including the thorough and extended memory tests and the tests produced no errors.

Also, as you suggested, I ran the PC Checkup test multiple times and it did not produce any errors however it did not test everything.  The test indicated the following:

OPU Test - Not Supported

Main IC Test - Not Supported

Flash ROM Test - Not Supported

DRAM Test - Not Supported

Fixed Transformation and Lighting Test - Cannot Run

Wireframe Line Test - Cannot Run

Primary Surface Test - Cannot Run

Video Memory Test - Cannot Run

Do these results mean anything to you?  

Thanks

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 30th, 2014 19:00

Hi ashekas,

I would suggest you to use the system with only one memory installed and check if the issue reoccurs. Also, please run a thorough test on memory and hard drive.

No Events found!