Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

February 21st, 2016 14:00

Inspiron 15R Will Not Re-Boot/Start/Re-Start with Lid Closed

I have an Inspiron 15R laptop with an annoying problem.  I have the laptop connected to an external monitor and a wireless Logitech keyboard/mouse.  on occasion I have need to re-boot/re-start the laptop but it will not complete the process while the lid is closed.  for example, if I left-click START:RESTART the process will start but after all loaded software is closed the screen goes dark as if the PC is getting ready to re-start but then...nothing. if I open the lid still nothing until I press the POWER switch at which time the PC powers off.  I wait a short time and then press POWER and the laptop re-starts but if I close the lid before the home screen comes up the process will hang as described above. 

the PC is connected to AC power 24/7 (the battery has been removed) and the POWER OPTIONS are set to never put the PC to sleep.  I have the lid doing nothing on the ADVANCED POWER options.

this issue is not the end of the world but it is annoying to have to pull the laptop from its location under the monitor to raise the lid in order to complete a re-start.  any ideas?  suggestions?

Rich

No Responses!
No Events found!