Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 17th, 2014 14:00

Inspiron 15R

Ok, so I got this new laptop in November--the 1st time I've ordered from the official site and had it custom ordered, basically. And yeah....so I despise it. It sickens me that I paid this much $$ for something that is soooo irritating!!

1st of all the programs that I paid so much $$ for weren't even installed on the laptop--a few months later I found the disk in the box......yeah so call me blonde, but in the past when I've paid for something, it was installed when it arrived.

2nd of all, I went for a month with the darn thing in "airplane mode" every single time I turned it on. Yeah, my bad, I had hit all of the keys in my frustration one day, and never even saw that little blue key that is the wifi fxn key on the F2...never had that before, either.

3rd of all, and most irritating, is the fact that I can be scrolling, or typing, or just viewing the screen, and my screen will flip to a  totally other screen--I'm on the internet, and it will flip back to my mail screen, or to the desktop, or whatever it feels like going to....this is using the mouse, not the touch screen (although of course it does it when using the touch screen as well), and have yet to find any rhyme or reason as to why it goes haywire. Yeah, if you ever play a game, or are taking a timed test, you can sense my frustration here.

4th of all, and almost tied with the 3rd, is the fact that EVERY single time my pc comes on, I hafta enter a freakin' password--I tried changing it in user preferences, but did that work? NO--because the stupid thing can't remember ANYTHING--also every single time it comes back on, the num lock key is off. Please please tell me why this is--I am the ONLY one that uses my laptop, period--there is absolutely no reason why I need a password, there is no reason why it shouldn't be able to remember my preferences, and there is NO reason for the number lock key to hafta be turned on manually every time--that should be a normal setting, not the exception.

I cannot get through a single task without the screen changing on me. I

H

A

T

E

this thing.

I tried to contact Dell about it, letting them know how dissatisfied I am with it. Did they care? Nope.

I've had it for a few months now--plenty of time to get accustomed to it and figure things out....never have I had a laptop that was so UNuser friendly.

I will never again purchase this brand....gonna look for a sucker to take it off my hands, then go back to the HP I was using before....only issue with it was the battery--overheats, doesn't last long, and decided that the manufacturer's power cord was not the official one, of all things...

No Responses!
No Events found!