Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 29th, 2015 22:00

Inspiron 17-7000 Fan noise after BIOS upgrade Aug 2015

I upgraded my Inspiron 7737 BIOS to the latest version on July 31, 2015. After that, the fan keep running in high speed without stop at most of the time. Under the older version, the fan runs at low speed most of the time and was quite.

How do I down grade to the old version BIOS? I used dell support automatic driver upgrade through dell.ca

First, I hope dell release a new version BIOS to fix the problem. The older version BIOS was doing well with the fan.

Not sure whether I can safely change the BIOS to the older version?

2 Posts

August 31st, 2015 21:00

I fixed this problem by recyle my computer.

first, I recover my dell to original factory default but keep all applications. It didn't work. Then I fully recycled my computer to windows 8, still not working. But, after I upgrade to win 8.1, the fan works well.

I supect the reason is a corupted program, or registry problem. just a guess, because I had registry errors before. Not sure the exact reason. However, I don't feel it is a BIOS problem, but something corrupted.

August 30th, 2015 00:00

Hi, 

There are four versions of BIOS on our support site. 

If you remember what was the older version on the system before upgrading, you can install that from the support site. 

There shouldn't be any problem while downgrading.

Regards

No Events found!