Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 6th, 2013 09:00

Inspiron 17 7737 new user with questions on making screens readable

I just bought the Inspiron 17 7737 laptop. When I get into the ie browser, chrome or fire fox the text is very small. I have found I can pinch it on the touch screen but I want to know if there is a setting to make it large enough to read every time with out having to pinch it. If this can not be fixed I might have to send it back and I don't want to do that because I bought it to view Netflix and it is great for that. Thanks for your help. 

3 Posts

December 7th, 2013 14:00

I found the answer after fiddling with the laptop and the settings for my touchpad. Apparently it was very sensitive and it had the gestures turned on and I was touching something on the touchpad that would make the screen text small. It now works almost like my Windows 7 and VIsta machines. Windows 8 takes some getting used to.

3 Posts

December 7th, 2013 15:00

I found the answer after fiddling with the laptop and the settings for my touchpad. Apparently it was very sensitive and it had the gestures turned on and I was touching something on the touchpad that would make the screen text small. It now works almost like my Windows 7 and VIsta machines. Windows 8 takes some getting used to.

3 Apprentice

• 

540 Posts

December 6th, 2013 10:00

Hello baxterpug,

A useful shortcut to change the text display size when browsing the internet is to hold ‘ctrl’ and either tap the ‘–‘ or ‘+’ keys to increase or decrease zoom.

Please see the following guide for more solutions.

Windows Video Settings

http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleView?docid=267986

Thanks,

No Events found!