Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 20th, 2009 09:00

Inspiron 1720 hibernates unexpectedly

I have a 1720 that enters sleep mode/hibernates repeatedly whilst actively working.

The screen goes off and after 30seconds the system shuts down with the blue power light pulsing slowly - 1 press of the power button and the system will come up again with the sign in screen, after signing in the system returns you to the place you were before it shut down.

This can happen continually or sporadically

I have updated the BIOS to A09 and installed the Video driver download - set the power management to never sleep but still it happens.

There are a few people experiencing this but there does not seem to be any posted solutions. Has anybody had any luck fixing this problem please?

Any help would be appreciated.

4 Posts

January 20th, 2010 18:00

Sorry mate this isn't a solution but I have an Inspiron 1720 and I need to update my BIOS in order to upgrade to Windows 7. Problem is I can't download it due to a recurring error on the drivers and downloads page, I was wondering if you had any difficulties updating your BIOS?

3 Posts

January 28th, 2010 06:00

I feel your pain. I have a brand new  Inspiron 1750 that came in a week and a half ago and the same exact thing happens to me. If I had hair I'd be pulling it out. Dell techs did all the same fixes and it still didn't work. We went so far as to reset the OS back the other night and start as if it was my first time use. I thought the issue was fixed after a day of not having issues and then last night it did it twice and once this morning. I wish I had an answer for you but I at least can commiserate with you about our problems.

Can anyone help us!?!?!?!?

28 Posts

January 28th, 2010 07:00

What's in the event viewer?

1 Message

March 28th, 2014 18:00

Almost have the same problem, mine crashes.

I think you may need to replace your possessor .

Good luck!

No Events found!