Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 2nd, 2010 23:00

Inspiron 1720 seeing/using wrong graphics card?

This laptop is a few years old now and when I bought it I upgraded to the GeForce 8600M GT graphics card.

I don't play many games but at one point I had Age of Conan installed which requires a  ATI Radeon 9800/nVidia GeForce 6600

Recently I tried to install Lord of the Rings which requires a 64MB NVIDIA GeForce® 3 or ATI® Radeon® 8500 as the minimum card specs.

As far as I can tell the Lord of the Rings game should be a breeze to play by comparison but it won't even install. 

My question is:  Could my computer be using the on board graphics chip rather than the installed GeForce card?  My DxDiag file mentions the chipset as being nvidia but otherwise doesn't mention a geforce card.

Card name: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
 Manufacturer: (Standard display types)
 Chip type: NVIDIA

Also, I recently upgraded to Windows 7.

November 2nd, 2010 23:00

My DxDiag file mentions the chipset as being nvidia but otherwise doesn't mention a geforce card.

HI,

Sorry but i dont have any idea about that ...I think you need to visit at our link below for more information you need..

Hope it really help you..

keep posting,,..

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 3rd, 2010 04:00

There is no onboard video - you do have an nVidia card.  What's missing is the driver - you must install a driver for your video card.

No Events found!