Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2013 12:00

Inspiron 17r se 7720. backlit keyboard

Is it possible to replace my keyboard with the backlit version?

943 Posts

January 28th, 2013 13:00

Hi Lee.R

Yes you can connect a backlit keyboard with this system model.

Please reply me if you need any further help.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

3 Posts

January 29th, 2013 12:00

can i buy the part from dell i cant find it anywhere

943 Posts

January 30th, 2013 14:00

Hi Lee.R

I would like to know in which country you are based. You can also click on the below mentioned link that might help you:

http://dell.to/WyOcnl

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

3 Posts

January 30th, 2013 22:00

i am in the uk, i want a uk keyboard

943 Posts

February 3rd, 2013 22:00

Hi Lee.R

I have sent you a private message please check that.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

1 Message

February 25th, 2013 15:00

Could you tell me the part number for the backlit keyboard (QWERTY, Dutch / UK) for the Inspiron 7720? Thanks! Regards, MVS1979 The Netherlands

943 Posts

February 26th, 2013 00:00

Hi MVS79

I have sent you a private message please check that.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

1 Message

March 4th, 2013 09:00

Hi, I am looking for a French backlit keyboard for Inspiron 7720

27 Posts

March 4th, 2013 12:00

I to want a backlit keyboard,i am in the uk,i have looked all over the uk site but everytime i put in the description it comes back with the laptop,i am amused as when i bought it a few weeks ago it said t was an option but it must have been invisible so had to order it without,its bugged me ever since,please help.

9 Posts

March 5th, 2013 02:00

I also was disappointed not to get the backlit keyboard I thought came as standard.  When I called Dell support they told me it was an option, but I was very careful to check all options on ordering and there was no option to select one.

On further questioning, I'd apparently picked from one of the fast delivery models (which I assume are pre-built) and needed to go through the full configurator.  Despite spending several hours on the Dell site, I never saw this option.

Anyway, as a result, I too would like to buy a UK backlit keyboard for the 7720.  Can you send me the link too please Prateek?

Thanks.

27 Posts

March 5th, 2013 04:00

I am sorry to say i have not yet found the link,i was hoping somebody on the forum might pass it on to me.

Your right it was for me too hunting were to add the light board but as i said it seemed not to excist,i have looked in the bios and it does show the extra progs but alas not board option so you like me will have to hope somebody comes up with the link,it does seem the us gets more than europe when it comes to getting extras and communication ,apologies for not being able to help,if i hear anything i will pass it on to you.

11 Posts

March 15th, 2013 14:00

i too require a link to purchase the uk backlit keyboard for a 17r 7720

i am a bit disappointed as i thought it came with one as standard

943 Posts

March 16th, 2013 14:00

Hi vincewa

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please provide me the system service tag or the express code of the system and let me check what the best I can do for you. Please provide the following details in a private message only.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

943 Posts

Hi phogie

Please provide me the system service tag or the express code of the system and let me check what the best I can do for you. Please provide the following details in a private message only.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

943 Posts

Hi Jrs19

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

No Events found!