Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 15th, 2014 20:00

Inspiron 3520 internet help

So i got my mom a more basic laptop just for internet usage for Christmas of 2013 and just recently the internet would stop working but it was not disconnect. I have looked around but i have not found any problems. Yes i have tried to update driers through dells driver updater. 

July 15th, 2014 22:00

real fast this is a problem iwth wireless and i am running windows 8

332 Posts

July 15th, 2014 22:00

Hi Bobbybarker,

Welcome to the Dell Community.

Please do let us know if the issue is with the Wireless or the Wired Connection. Also Assuming you are using Windows 7 Operating System. I would Suggest you follow the steps mentioned below to check the network connectivity in ‘Safe Mode wit Networking’.

1. Restart the computer.
  2. As the computer boots, press when the Dell Splash Screen appears.
  3. Scroll down to option ‘Safe mode with networking’ and Click on ‘Enter’ button.
  4. This will boot you into the Safe mode with networking.

Also check if other devices on the same network are working fine.? If it’s not Windows 7 Operating System, do let us know which Operating System is installed on the system.

Let us know your findings.

July 16th, 2014 10:00

Ok well i did that and it still disconnects randomly

332 Posts

July 16th, 2014 20:00

Hi Bobbybarker,

Thanks for providing the details.

Does the wireless connection drop only with this device. I would suggest you to check with different devices on the same network and let us know.

Also please share a screen shot of the device manager to look into this and assist you.

Let us know your findings.

July 16th, 2014 21:00

no the wifi does not drop on other devices, and here is the device manager 

332 Posts

July 17th, 2014 02:00

Hi Bobbybarker,

As you have mentioned that you hae tried updating the drivers as well. I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Wireless card driver on the system.Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS and then download the wireless card driver from Network section onto the Desktop screen.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the wireless card.

1. Click on Start button.
  2. In the search box type, devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
  3. Select the wireless card device under Network Adapter and right click on it
  4. Now select properties.
  5. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.
  6. Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”
  7. You want to delete the driver click OK.

After the uninstall finishes restart the system and install the drivers by using the file downloaded on the desktop screen.

Please let me know if this helps.

No Events found!