Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 8th, 2017 20:00

Inspiron 3542 - everyday dies a little bit

I am completely disappointed with my Dell Inspiron 3542, that one, which comes with Core i3.

Previously I recommended everybody to buy Dell laptops because of the ratio quality/price. Even bought almost the same laptop for my parents. Almost all my friends bought Dell laptops and now I AM FILLING SHAME OF THAT!

Bought it around 3 years ago. 

The first problem that appeared - vertical lines of different colors. When you take laptop from the back and open it after - a lot of lines appear after you turn it on. The same history when you push a little bit a l DELL logo under a display!

Second - one day it stopped working. No reaction on start button. I paid $150  to fix it.

Third one - one day battery decided to die. Now it work only when it is on charging cable.

What is going on? Why quality is  SO bad?

All previous dell laptops that I used - I changed them because only they became morally outdated, I had no problems with them.

And now I am absolutely disappointed.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 11th, 2017 05:00

:emotion-2:

Windows 10 is on the system?

In the meantime, please run the laptop LCD built-in self test (BIST) by following the instructions in the video below. The test will determine if the screen abnormality you are experiencing is an inherent problem with the LCD (screen) of the Dell laptop PC or with the video card (GPU) and PC settings.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 11th, 2017 06:00

Second - one day it stopped working. No reaction on start button. Third one - one day battery decided to die. Now it work only when it is on charging cable.

Please remove battery to drain residual power by following the steps below:

1. Power off system, remove all peripherals, AC adapter and then battery. Press and hold the power button for about 15 seconds to drain residual power.

2. Replace battery, AC adapter, and then power on system. Hopefully computer starts normally

No Events found!