Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

June 25th, 2016 05:00

Inspiron 3559 power and battery problem

i bought a new inspiron in March 2016. i discovered when the power plug is connected and if i switched off the socket switch simultaneously with powering down the laptop, it will not switch on the next time when i depressed the power button on the laptop. I have to disconnect the power connector and remove the battery and place it back again, then depress the power button, the laptop will turn on. there is another problem which is if the laptop is running on battery while running my windows OS, and if i switch it on, the windows application will slow and the sound audio is affected as in not as crisp as before.

does anyone know of this problem?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 26th, 2016 18:00

:emotion-2:

Lastly....

Run Troubleshooting tool on the system:

1. Type troubleshooting control panel onto the [Cortana] search bar, and then click on "View All ".

2. First, click on windows updates, system maintenance, power, and then playing audio

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 26th, 2016 18:00

:emotion-2:

Run the Diagnostic tool on your system:

1. Power off the computer

2. Power on computer, quickly start tapping the F12 key continuously. You should be in the diagnostic screen. After the quick tests has completed, run the extended(full) tests as well. Report back any error codes.

https://youtu.be/WDpvQ3qwy1c

I also suggest you check the status of the AC adapter and battery in the BIOS.

1. Power off computer, and then make sure AC adapter is connected to computer well

2. Power on computer, quickly start tapping the F2 key continuously, you should be in the BIOS screen.

Under the main screen, look for the AC adapter type. If the adapter says None or Unknown then it's an issue with the adapter. Suggest you replace AC adapter.

Under the Advanced screen, look for Battery Health, it should say "This Battery Is Performing Normally". If there's any other message, it could mean that the battery is faulty and needs replacement.

No Events found!